Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Adangar Alefist the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100845
100845, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Adangar Alefist the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 8 21:25:33 2011

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Adangar perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:139
100847, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Adangar Alefist the Legend of th...
Posted by RealShea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The end got slightly stale, mostly because of things going on in my life, vs. things going on in the game. 139 hours, 139 years, amazing how quickly dwarves age.

Anyway, I started this character thinking it'd be fun to try dwarf battle with whispers/hours/flail/h2h. All I can say is that there are many better people out there than I that could pull this off, but it was completely beyond my abilities.

Forget the fact that Chulun and the Nexus death squads squashed at least 10 con off me, I couldn't fight for anything, nor gear up (because despite my 17 years of playing this game, I'm still a newb) to keep myself alive.

Couple of notables that are still around:

Tavlin: Really fun, really scary, really great. Keep it up.

Zenze: Great fights, the time I was stuck in the weald and you logged in (and I didn't have the head), I was just like: "Son of a...."

Olum: Should be a good drillmaster.

Ghurn: See above, but I still think you are great, and a good roleplayer from what I've seen.

Graag: Not sure where you went, thought you were pretty stand up.

Finally, I want to touch on AFK killings. I think there were probably two people during my life that I killed while they were afk, or at least, I think they were either afk, or lagged out, or connection problems, whatever. Look: I've been killed while afk. When I'm playing and my wife says: "Hey, go down and get the laundry out of the dryer so I can fold it," it's not a question of whether I need to go or not, it's a question of how fast I can get back with the laundry. Often, I get back to the PC with, for instance, Tavlin's unicorn army gnawing off the face of my character and text flying down the screen. There are times where I've escaped, and times where I haven't. (Note to Tavlin, every time you killed me I was in front of my computer, cursing you, and plotting how I could possibly get you next time. Great job!) Either way: That's the breaks of playing an online game where you can't necessarily control the internet.

The times I killed someone afk with this character, the one character I thought dealt with it extremely well, the other, not so well. If, playerbase, it happens to you, here's what I'd say:

Don't talk smack to the other guy. Nothing seems cheesier. "Look, you beat me but that would NEVER happen if I wasn't brain dead!" - How do you know that? Lame. Also, berating me for killing you while afk: How the heck am I supposed to know that you are? You're on where pk, I'm gonna go after you: for all I know you're trying to heal at the healer or miscasting spells or whatever.

Seriously, just take it down a notch. The one guy (scion) rolled with it, and spoke to me in character after the encounter. The other guy (tribunal), spoke to me in what I'd consider out of character. I think it all had to do with being bitter for being beaten at all. Everyone dies. Sure, sometimes the deaths aren't pretty (like every time I died to Dern with this guy), but deaths don't tarnish your character either. OOC stupidity does.

Anyway, respond if you like.

And I'll more than likely see you in the fields...

100852, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Adangar Alefist the Legend of th...
Posted by Rasay on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Think I was the Scion that rolled with it and I wasn't AFK, I was link dead but you caught me completely unprepped and almost dead so even if I was there not much I could have done I don't think. So it was an earned kill regardless of the situation. I seen you walk in and hit me...then nothing and by the time I reconnected I was dead which I think would have happened regardless. I personally don't see the point in getting all bent out of shape over things that happen in a game. I was really looking forward to fighting you with with being able to enter commands though, but it never happened.

I agree, people need to take it down a notch and not get so angry. Everyone knows there is no pause button in the fields, and walking away from the computer is a risk you take.

Classy character from what little interactions I had with you.

GLWYN