Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Vonzamir the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100418
100418, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Vonzamir the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 22 14:46:03 2011

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Vonzamir perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:166
100426, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Vonzamir the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a lot of fun with this character when things were working out, but a lot of times I was able to play I was using Mosha, which is worse that straight telnet (no macros, doesn’t remember commands have to hold down the left mouse button to make it scroll, have to wait until inputted command is received to type next command, hard to see, etc). I can make that work for some things, but shifter is too reliant on chasing for someone of my ability to have much success. Plus, my play times were all over the place (when I had a chance to) which didn’t lead to much continuity.

This was my most pk successful character since I started playing again about a year and a half ago, and I think only my second to hit double digits pks in that time span. I know the general reaction to that is anyone can play offense/air, but based on my recent efforts I was beginning to question that I could. I still died more than I killed I am pretty sure. Air forms are less dangerous than they used to be in some ways, but more in others. I had a habit of attacking anyone I thought I could kill with very vague justification at time, but that is the reason I was chaotic evil. I think I fought against cabal enemies pretty hard too, even when I had little chance to succeed.

Goodbyes:

Dwarfs:
Gurzgred, Chulun, someone I am forgetting,
You were my favorite fights because I was always pretty sure someone was going to die and it wasn’t always me. I never fought either of you without ABS and whatever else I could pull together.

Lowbie Bards:
Filosof and Roka. Fighting you reminded me of fighting myself (no preparing properly, dieing a lot, but keeping after it). I liked both of you. Roka killed me once I think. Use fly potions

Giant and Minotaur sword specs:
Forgot your names, but I couldn’t do anything to you. I could have tried wands and scrolls, but didn’t want to open myself to a flurry in Vonzamir Form

Duergar Sword Specs:
Graggs and Draktah Seems like I could generate a little more melee against you than the giants and minotaurs, but in the end I died to you a lot more. Scary fights for me.

People who killed me the most:
Zhincala and Zaanwhatever: Everytime afterwards I was sitting there thinking I can’t believe I died to another Gaunt/Fiend follow by I forgot resist mental/I stepped out at night again. My last three evil conjie’s didn’t get a single kill with gaunts, but I was sending them blindly without scouting and not prepping them at all, plus the item people used to escape them screwed me up a lot as well.

Dwarf Sword Specs:
Grifilinbortz (sp) This seemed like a good matchup for me. What was a sweet kill you got on my in Voralion though.

Eljassir:
I really thought I would be able to kill you, never happened though. Imperial shifter is a pretty thankless lot in life (I’ve been one before) but you seem to be doing pretty well.

Assassins and Thieves:
Lohoq, Siveh, Syther, Norington, Flaayin Duergar thief rager whose name I forgot, Keller
Damn Assassins are slippery (and thieves too). I think got Lohoq once when he forgot flight at the maran and keller once when he wasn’t flying cause he thought his bindings would actually do something after knocking me out.
Keller:
Not only did I attack thief’s on site, I typically attacked nexans on site as well. Your banter had me pursuing you a little more than I might have otherwise. Also, I love your ranger posts here and on dios (mainly what I’ve read of yours)

Tavlin:
I was pretty scared of you, and getting you once was the highlight of this character. You have definitely made Scions relevant again.

Baluth:
I loved our fights when you were 42 (very close both times). I avoided you after that.

Outlanders:
Salarucid. You are one of my favorite outlanders and have been since I was helping you rank with my Walrus when I was still in Iraq last year.

Balta: Grats on imming. I’d like you as much as Salarucid if you said OOOOOUEEEEE and called yourself Ta.

Onya: Thanks for the induct. You’ve been a solid presence for a long time as well.

Rasst: Good luck as Nightreaver. Seems to me you are doing very well so far.

Ghaurrnak: Very deserving of Sunwarden. Much better than when I played Dorlanz.

IMMs thanks for all your work. Special thanks to Jasthrean for covering down on outlanders and Zulg for all the shifter work.
Sure I am forgetting lots, and may post a follow up once I start going through logs.

I’ve been in an outlander and shifter rut a bit, (mainly what I’ve played since 2003, before that I was a serial imperial player, the serial scion player until the kicked everyone out), but I am still playing the same text based RP game I first played in 95, so that really shouldn’t be that surprising. Gonna stay away from the tree a bit (at least a month) Although I already have an idea what my next outlander will be whenever i go that route again (something I can play without a Client).

Thoughts on forms:
I ended up with 4 out of 6 forms I still used at hero which is great. Getting copperhead on Off/Air is huge. I think I may have liked dire wolf more than the tiger I had in 2003. I know l like it more than alligator and Grizzly, although both of those forms would tear me up. That much lagging ability on an offensive form leads to a lot of kills though.

I loved vampire bat. It’s melee wasn’t great, but with changes to air shifters, if you end up trying to flyto/ murder or peck or whatever, chances are you aren’t going to land the kill anyway. Scouting, escape, and quick insertions for recoveries are the real value of air shifters in my mind now.
100435, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Vonzamir the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Air shifter with detect hidden makes me a sad panda assassin. No stalk for me!
100438, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Vonzamir the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Posted by The Zaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Zaan respected your guts. I think you counted too much on fly to get you out of bad situations, however as you found out with a bard that doesn't always work. GLWYN.
100439, Liked you very very much.
Posted by Mirrou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't mean any disrespect, but you seemed... more predictable with your attacks than others. More often than not I was either prepared or with a friend. I never intentionally looked to gang you down, except the very first time, at the spire - but even that was merely trying to discourage you from further attacks so you'd let us rank!

Shifters are generally hard to fight with an assassin, because of key skills not working on many forms. Thanks for being good sport.

I'm bound to ask... when I was reclaiming from the palace with Baxyac, you came in and we were ready to fight you off, but you attacked the vanquisher instead. Them holding fetish seemed unlikely, considering they didn't have their own item just 15 minutes prior to that. So what was behind that really?
100440, RE: Liked you very very much.
Haters gonna hate.
100446, I like you too.
A lot.
100448, You two should just #### and get it over with :) NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
100451, Do it yourself. NT
NT
100450, RE: Liked you very very much.
Comment was in reference to:

"but you attacked the vanquisher instead"
100473, RE: Liked you very very much.
The time at the vanquisher, imperials had just taken the fetish, but not downed it yet. I was hoping to whittle down the vanquisher before they placed it to make recovery easier, but you were already there trying to recover. I tried to never attack someone that was fighting imperials, tribs, or scions, so I just helped out. Also, I was hoping to get back to work on the Vanq before the imperials got back. It didn't happen. I recovered later, but stayed to long working on the vanquisher and ended up dieing to a fiend from Zaan after I got the fetish back.

As far as being predictable, I later in the charaters life I had stopped waiting for ideal situations to attack and was just running in and hoping something good would happen, which it usually didn't. Since you could hide, that usually limited me to initiating with the bat, and mantle stopped me from trying to dispel your flight. I had hoped sometime I would catch you unprepared, but never did. I think best shot I would have had was the firt time we fought, but I was focused on the trib. Good fights.
100539, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Vonzamir the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah Vonzamir, you were always a thorn on Chulun's backside, mainly because you are out of reach and can fight on your terms.. but Chulun always enjoy a good fight and those were good times... GLWYN!
100424, Praise Jebus
Posted by Lohoq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man you were a tough tough cookie. I wasn't scared of the bat so much as the transformation that would come. The one time you got me at the Maran I distinctly remember going in their thinking "if he finds me raiding good chance I'll die" and I did. Even the times I saw you vis, I'd throw on martial + stone skin and sit on the road waiting for you to swoop down and you wouldn't, then it would all wear off and bam, vampire bat city.

GLWYN, come to the Empire.
100427, RE: Praise Jebus
Yeah you were very hard to pin down and I was pretty surprised I caught you without flight that time. Enjoyed our fights. Also, It took me about 10-20 minutes to my black rod depending how it when, so there was a lot of times I was vis I wasn't actively hunting.
100421, Great foe.
Posted by Eljassir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a lot of respect for you.
100428, Ditto
I thought I would be able to get you sooner or later if i caught you alone, but you always sent me packing.