Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Chulun ForgeHammer the Warmonger of Balance, Rhyme of Resistance
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100295
100295, (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Chulun ForgeHammer the Warmonger of Balance, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 19 01:07:29 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Chulun perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:379
100336, STUPID DWARF!!!
Posted by Sidius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Little stupid mace using dwarf. Loved you and hated you. I put you in my goodbyes. I had to. You landed the final blow! Like my nemesis as well. Good fights I wont forget. Hope you make another char and I can find you so I can exact some revenge and watch your con go down. Ah i'm just bein spiteful. But hey good char overall. A few times I would have had you had I not made noob mistakes. Seems like you always had a mage at your side though keeping you from me bashing you. See you around.
100331, I hate you Chulun
Posted by Mirrou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just kidding, not really.

I dunno why you sent me that tell "I don't want to kill you" when we've never met before, why'd you care about me at all? But a dwarf's word is stronger than stone, so I decided I will only be trying to drive you away, not kill, too. I even warned you of hidden villagers on occasion, even though that was none of my business.

I was surprised when later you ganged me down at the watcher. That's not something I've ever seen the Nexus do. Even worse was the fact that we showed some extreme noobery - an applicant came to defend and fort healer and assassin died healing/defending him, leaving me alone. I should have thought ahead of it and told him not to come and make a stand at the watcher with all three of us. Or at least gtfo when they died. I was damn angry at them and at myself.

I wasn't angry at you, but IC, in Mirrou's eyes, you broke your word and thus you only deserved to be despised and killed on sight. Cats are spiteful, meow. Was some time before I handled it the way a squire should.

Now, that aside... you say you were frail? Really?
I've seen a lot of warriors and they appeared invincible, but once I played one... yeesh... not a lot extra toughness to trade for hide/detect hidden. I guess I only saw your more successful fights.

Good luck with your next.
100315, War is over!
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well the end is here, it's father's day and a good time for me to hang up the hammers and put on the daddy's apron, yep, my toddler is crying for attention as I write this! Chulun was an enjoyable character for me, I think because Nexus fits my playstyle more than other cabals.. Some folks just hated Nexus and they weren't shy about showing it too... the Fortress really has a tougher time accepting the ways of the Nexus than other cabals, with the exception of the few of course...and darkness tends to be more forgivable since they are dark and expected to be hunted by all. Chulun was never meant to rank up beyond low 40s title, mainly because by that rank, my con was somewhat down and I have to wear con gears everytime I gain a rank... and then boom! it was a holiday or some special occasion and the immortals grants 100% Xp as I just logged on so I rushed to hero! Chulun met many interesting folks through out his life, some good some bad, but all made an impact on his experience... during the Jikahl era, I get a feeling that some folks think I am Thror's favorite pet mainly due to his talk of the gang, that was quite funny because Thror and I hardly ever interact... twice I saw Thror and the first was when he came down to commend Allysia for a succesful retrieve, the second is when the villagers jumped on me and Thror came down to my corpse and call me a worthless dwarf, har! also, my warcry was reduced by a few points because I yelled in all caps sometimes long his life (note to self: don't warcry in all CAPS!) Well Chulun in my view by all means was quite frail, he can not tank, he is slow and small and his drums are terrible.. but because of that acceptance, he was succesful in my eyes because I did not set high par for him in PK. As a few of you already know.. some folks just beat me silly on 1v1 fights, so like the sergeant of the ForgeHammer that he is, he will make use of other resources to win... and some folks just didn't like it... Cry of Thunder is fun, Greetings the Avalance is almost a wasted legacy for Chulun, it worked often on mobs, but left much to be desired, and a special thanks to the Burning Desire for Riddle of Resilence! I never have a third legacy before and it truly marks this character as a milestone for me so I appreciated that. Many thanks to Rayihn also for her support in the war through the con quest and a title! Thanks the Keepers in the isle for voting me Rhyme! 379 hours stretch out almost 3 months is a long time, so I might missed out alot of folks my good byes, sorry for that!

Nexus:
Allysia: Thanks for the induct, though ye did hand me a big task: to kill a villager or their applicant, or a Scarab follower? Good thing you accepted the scion applicant when darkness tips. We have many talks that go way back den and sometimes I have a feeling I might be getting the boot but good thing I didn't! Good times, you were the pillar of the island when you were Rhyme and our forces were quite strong, and I was hoping you would be able to forge that weapon for the island eh!

Grelgich: My partner in crime! I have put it into role that I shall aid all up and coming Nexans by means of getting titles or anything else as a direct answer to the many villager applicants at the time that were swamping in like flies. A few of them deleted on me, but you became the Meter. You have a strong presence and are a symbol of strength for the island, I hope you'll find a good Rhyme.. I think we have a few blades with potential lately.. sorry to leave you my friend but it is time!

Zorg: where have you been? I like your forms, work very well with Chulun's built. I did get a few tells from enemies about you.. but nothing that will cause me to loose sleep over.

Up and comming keepers: Good luck with your war lads and lassies!

There weren't many warriors in Nexus, mainly because it is tough to play 'em as their main enemies are the villagers.

Tribunal:
Chulun hardly ever interact with you folks, a special thanks to The retired lawman for the wide golden ring! I am kind of disappointed when the immortals made kinship but left the Ludan's shinies out of reach! It does seemed reasonable, though still disappointing!

Fortress:
Rhone: A powerful foe, as I have mentioned in your threat... I never really know how to take Rhone down...

Zaktun: Really like to kick your arse for cleaning me out and tieing me up a couple of time... with hearing about Keller's talk on bindings failing, this thief's garrotte and bindings never have failed on me. Sometimes I got garrotted for 3 hours, while other thieves' garottes lasted only 2... Zaktun can be a powerful force, but has a cocky attitude, so that'll make him a cocky force to be reckon with. I did what I promised I did if you remembered what I said.

Verrix/Gurz: You 2 folks seemed somewhat similar in their views against Nexus, or me in general, kill first, ask questions later.. which is fine by me but somehow I got the thought imbedded in me that goodies are not suppose to be bloodthirsty against any other than darkness and I can not get over it...

Mirror/Feroul: Dedicated forces of the fortress.

Jall the healer: Interesting character.. not sure what's you are after at the end of Chulun's life.. Redemption?? har!

Empire:
The Zaan: like your calling card.. The Zaan... I think this bard is powerful, deadly and have good RP, but our interactions were kind of disappointingly suck, mainly due to the 2 times you killed me when I was meditating/tending to the toddler, I came back to see me sit at the altar with nuthing but a bag in the pit. Good thing an assassin took most of it and returned it to me har!

Sivyh: Your declaring war upon the island had made it a bit difficult for the Nexans to tend to the balance, but it is quite a refreshing experience to RP it out!

Scion:
Tavlin: I always wanted to be on your good side because I see that you are willing to use me as much as I am willing to use you to accomplish our different ultimate goals, with common enemies, that make it much easier for us to get along... Ah love it and thanks for the mark! I am not sure how to fight the Mummy neither if I had to face you.

Mhar: I am not sure if our interactions are good RP since you are the Chancellor of the elite RP cabal, I like to think it is.. but the few time we fought.. you talk like one who just want to powergame! I can tell because sometimes, I just want to powergame also!

Outlander:
Ghuarak: If I knew your corpse has The Strange Bracer, I would have grabbed it before another one did... Woo is me!

Villagers:
I have met and fought too many of you to remember all..

Syther: Interesting Commander, not sure how you managed to become one, but it might cause a bunch of up and comming shadows to join the village...

Flaayin: not a fan of your name, but a fan of your work... powerful indeed.

Gryi: you are one tough cookie to break.. sooo many times I had you convulsing and then the nightmare song went in... And I was quite well protected against it also... it just wasn't meant to be...

Adangar: up and coming villager blade, always willing ta bring the fight, I love it!

Ghurn: Now that I am dead, you must tell me a way to counter your shadow disappear!

Imrehiest: who knows I would be able to nail one of Thror's character! Ahoy!

Zun/Olum/Sidius/Jokuu/Sikkak/Baluth/Dnar and many other up and comings: thanks for all the good fights!

Afterthoughts:
Villagers have been staying inside the village too much, even if they have the key, I think I shall roll a villager sometime to see for myself why they like to stay inside there too much, I figure if I was a proudest, strongest fighter in Thera, would I want to die in glory or live in humilation? Having said that, I must play a villager sometimes to see for myself...

Fortress is too bloodthirsty for my taste, for example, if I was near the Fortress Gate, looking and scouting about alone for whatever my reasons are, some fortress folks would jumped on me without any second thoughts, warning me after the ambush to stay away from the Fortress...What I would recommend is to ask me of my intentions, or stay put and observe my actions, and if in fact I put my hammers on the Maran, stomp me den... I am sure the Maran is not gonna drop dead in a round of fight. Verrix attacked me unprovoked, and when asked, reminded me that I attacked the guardian, 4 godly days before???

Last but not least, a special thanks to the imms for making a great game!
100317, RE: War is over!
Posted by Skeeta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were definitely the "face" of the Nexus battle-arm once Allysia got the boot. I'm not even sure why they needed an election for Rhyme - everyone pretty much universally put their faith in you, as I heard it!

I suspect your loss, among other recent changes/losses, will change the dynamics around a lot in the coming weeks.

And thanks for coming around the Inn to humor me. ;)

100319, Skeeter!
I must say I love reading your Heraldic Post, it is quite a refreshing read and am always lookin forward to the next edition... it's a good way to find out a bit of what's goin about the game in the game instead of going to a forum and ask "What's been going in CF?"... I am not sure if everyone read the Post but I did mention it to a couple of folks when they didn't know what Heraldic Post I am talkin about.. for instance: "you didn't know Empire went to war with Nexus? Didn't you read the Heraldic Post?!?"
100325, RE: War is over!
Posted by The Zaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked Chulun, he wasn't afraid to put up a fight. As for two times, I only know of the one where Srintlya had you choked and told me where to find you. To be honest you were tripped and lashed the whole time so even if you were at the keyboard doubt you would have lived. I didn't even know till later when you told me that your body decayed and everything went to your pit. Anyway GLWYN.
100328, RE: War is over!
Posted by Smot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was just starting to know you, and you died. In my eyes you were the strongest nexun I've ever seen. Killing villagers one by one under the big D, then killing four marans in a row. I loved our patrolin :)

I was on w/e without internet and my pc, logged in as a new char just to look around, and see you ghostly at the pit rattling chains, that was a gasp!

Post your logs so I could learn from you?
100330, RE: War is over!
Har! forgot about you! Smot was my partner in crime that day when Daervyn saw us successfully taken down Adangar and Jok at the big D... good times... sorry friend, I didn't log much of my fights which are a shame because some of those fights were quite nerve wrecking... when I threw away the last few cons- who knew that a leader receive more deaths per con than others- you were that young one I met at the pit! I'm not gonna oust your name but good luck with it!

100332, Just one more remark
>I got the thought imbedded in me that goodies are not suppose to be bloodthirsty against any other than darkness and I can not get over it...

A goodie can still be butthurt about you killing him or other goodies and want revenge. Probably not if he is a squire/scribe, but it's just not fun to be absolutely perfect.
100382, RE: Just one more remark
I can understand that you can be butthurt and want revenge.. I sure wanted revenge on those imperials who empty my corpses but I have learn somewhat to let it go and even aid them get their cabal item back... suddenly it does not seem too bad to forget about the revenge because suddenly I realize that it is our goal that we strive for, not revenge, unless of course you are sphere Revenge....
100385, There is no sphere revenge
But there are a lot of spheres that cater to seeking revenge and holding long-term grudges. Anger, Justice, Envy are strong examples, and half a dozen others may be viewed as such.

Also, working to overcome your anger is a good RP experience and it's more realistic than just never getting angry in the first place.
100342, Don't forget:
Posted by Mharlndarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
-you talk like one who just want to powergame!-

I will repeat it the last time, I am the dark-elf/Chancellor/priest of Zurcon/Sphere.

And my thoughts on you, guess I will take Vladimir's suggestion

-Save your venom for your own deletion/con death/age death.-

Unless you want to admit <EDITED>.

Good luck with your next.
100345, Dryaven
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For the character: I enjoyed my interactions with you - but sorta felt like we both should have put a little more effort into dwarf/duergar hate. I mean, we were obviously an asset to each other and playing roles that were probably the most accommodating to each others race, but still.

For the player: I have learned in the last 4 years of raising children - just don't play if there's a chance you've got to be on toddler duty, heh. Which is easy for me, I admit, because as a working dad I want every extra minute I can find with my kids. Screw CF. :)
100381, RE: Dryaven
-Well, I don't like duergars too much, never have been.. but when you have The Mark to barter, I think I can find a reason not to kill you for the time being... especially since I won't even think about leading a group down "there" to kill the dwarf to get that Mark for myself.

-Toddlers are precious.. they can win over your addiction of CF! but in my case, sometimes they'll send me straight to CF because they are just so bad sometimes...
100346, Good character, fun to watch. GLWYN (nt).
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No text.
100365, All and all a great character. I just got mad at a few things
Posted by wikataw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You would use opposing cabals dogma against them.

--I hate this---

You would also go into situations, like when Thror was vis, expecting uber parity. All respects to thror, screw that. If we have your item
or not, I am going to gank you in ostiligoth. War

Secondly. So what someone got your gear. If you got looted, that is the game. Don't tell someone why they do not deserve it.

So what if a druid heals someone you fight and you die. The druid
loots a piece. He doesn't deserve it. Really? Person who killed you
just took your loot and paid the druid. Kay? Its the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------
You were one of my favorite characters, mostly as an enemy although.
So we usually got along until you died.
100379, RE: All and all a great character. I just got mad at a few things
Well I enjoyed fighting Witataw when he was alive... of course I like to respond to a few of your concerns as well:

You would also go into situations, like when Thror was vis, expecting uber parity. All respects to thror, screw that. If we have your item or not, I am going to gank you in ostiligoth. War

- Well, you are somewhat right, except that I expect villagers to uphold parity at All times, and especially when Thror was vis. The time when I don't see a villager imm, I'm not usually gonna call whoever out on parity because it is a waste of breath... even though I do make a mental note that this villager giant just jumped me on my fight with an outlander in the weald, or another villager just jumped on the dark knight that I was in the battle with outside the east gate of Galadon...and I use these knowledge to plan my battle accordingly...

Secondly. So what someone got your gear. If you got looted, that is the game. Don't tell someone why they do not deserve it.

So what if a druid heals someone you fight and you die. The druid
loots a piece. He doesn't deserve it. Really? Person who killed you
just took your loot and paid the druid. Kay? Its the game.

- Let's me ask that if you have for example the Strange Bracer(or whatever that's worth alot to you) and it got looted by one who didn't kill you, and have little use for it, to take it.. I think you would have something to say... and it's part of the game to communicate... I think the conversations make for a lively game... as long as it doesn't end in curse words or ignore command...

Hope to see you on the fields!
100387, You lost in on my buddy.
He took nothing, and you still thought he did. If someone takes something, that is the game. If they can use is or not. It only belittles yourself to force someone to ignore you from trying to make an invalid point. I personally take only what I need. If you had the sanc neckwear and my ally needed it, 95% of the time I would not take it for my friend. Now my friend was a great char and I owed them, sure.

Chulun was one of my favorite chars this year.
100368, Couldn't be happier about this...
Posted by Olum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not because you weren't a solid enemy, you were. In fact, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this character, except that the match-up vs. Olum was very much not one that favoured me. I believe I lost more con because of you than all other sources of con-loss combined... So I have to be happy to you are gone, but Chulun was an awesome character and I'm sure that Nexus will have a hard time recovering from your loss.

Well Played. Good Luck with your Next.

100380, RE: Couldn't be happier about this...
Believe it or not, Chulun sees that most of the villagers are strong fighters and Olum was no different... I think that in our latter fights, you knew my fighting styles well enough that I just couldn't get you anymore, and that is in my eyes scary: a battle hardened villager... I see a Drillmaster in the making... See you on the fields!
100310, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Chulun ForgeHammer the Warmonger of Balance, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Zorg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, I loved your character! Zorg will be follow-through on his promise he made to Chulun. Good luck in your next.
100321, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Chulun ForgeHammer the Warmonger of Balance, Rhyme of Resistance
Har! I think I just love your forms combo and it is one of the reasons why the villagers won't stay outside the village... An armadillo that can jump in front while I entwine and dirt, and revert to the procupine to deal the blows while I drum and bash... sweet!
100305, I figured this was not far off.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fearless and played a very aggressive nexun, very opposite of my own style, which was refreshing, if not a little painful to watch at times. Though I think the underdark sea got you a fw too many times as well. :)

I knew you would make Rhyme after I was removed, even though I knew you did not want it, probably since your con was getting low, but you were probably the most well known Nexun, and usually that is how one gets Rhyme. Sorry I didn't help more with the balance and such after my removal, probably could have kept you alive a few times, but that is just her RP for now to not be engaged in that.

All in all a solid character, and a true joy to have been in a cabal with. And your interview was one of the funnest ones I did. I thought I would try doing something a little less cookie cutter, so the dwarven oath came to mind, and it looks like you kept it to the end. Was glad to see you brought some interesting RP to the table too. :)

Well done. Th Island will surely miss your presence.
100323, RE: I figured this was not far off.
The underdark sea is indeed my bane, but it is my source of war resources.. and the thing about it is that for a dwarf to go there.. I must do everything right, with the right amount of patience also to be able to come out with a big bag of what I'm after... and it showed that patience was lacking when I die quite a few times.. I hope Allysia'll get back to the isle and get to finish the weapon eh.. for the old time sakes..
100304, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Chulun ForgeHammer the Warmonger of Balance, Rhyme of Resistance
Posted by Grelgich on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You completely ignored what I said before I logged last night, didn't you? You were definately the opposite of me in the idea of how to keep the Balance. I can tell you that the Island will miss you extremely. I will say more with goodbyes, I guess.
100320, RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Chulun ForgeHammer the Warmonger of Balance, Rhyme of Resistance
Har! sorry to leave you friend! but I believe I have left the island in good hands, best of luck to you continueing to bring the island to its victories!
100302, One Word: Relentless
Posted by Adangar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I wasn't kidding with the 17 to 1 results. As soon as I saw you logged on once I hit 42, I knew I was in for it, because the giant was going to be yelling out.

Great dwarf, great fights. Good example for my own char to emulate. Well done.
100318, RE: One Word: Relentless
Well.. all I can say is a hasten dwarf who can entwine, have strong resistance and deal deathblows is going to be scarier than Chulun will ever be! Good luck!
100297, Wow. So why did you keep dying in the Underdark Sea?
Posted by Eljassir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And if I had killed you in our last battle, would that have been the end of Chulun?

Really shocked you were this close to con-death. You seemed to be a total truckasauras rex.
100316, RE: Wow. So why did you keep dying in the Underdark Sea?
That last battle with the cheeta outside of Galadon just might just be it... I was giving my all and you were also, and if I took a bit more risk to entwine you, I might just die! as that cheeta dodged quite a few of my skills
100329, Well, entwining a cheetah ends in two ways
Posted by Eljassir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Either entwining the cheetah allows you to land your skills more often because of the dex/dodge nerfing and you win.

Or the cheetah outmelee's the crap out of you and you die horribly.

That last fight I was kicking myself because A) I didn't use all my protections (though I was in it to win it so to speak) and B) I killed a ton of villagers with you, and really didn't want to fight you or Nexus.

However, Furry Chuck basically is a scary mamajama, so I follow his lead. He says war with Nexus, that's what I'm doing.

Again, awesome job with Chulun. I'll say more when I delete (or age-die or con-die).
100363, Who is fury chuck? nt
nt
100383, He's the big kahuna of the empire n/t
n/t