Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gryilious Garraknah the Embittered Voice of the Warsong, Battle-Tested Skjald
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100293
100293, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gryilious Garraknah the Embittered Voice of the Warsong, Battle-Tested Skjald
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 18 23:22:34 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Gryilious perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:271
100390, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gryilious Garraknah the Embitte...
Posted by Gryilious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well it was fun for the most part. Near the end though I started fighting battles I knew I wasn't going to win. First time, I have
ever been kicked out of a cabal, and got back in, and manage to
fight the urge to delete. I think I should probably start playing a more headstrong character one of these days.

It was great for the most part, and thanks for all the battles.

The Bard Notes/PSAs: From what I could tell most people were annoyed with them, so I quit them. I thought it was something fun and different for a bard to do, but turned out to be a flop.

Goodbyes:

Battle: I tried to provide some help to some of you, and for the most part. I don't know why the Drillmaster has not been named, but during the times I play, we could really use some more villagers. I never did
get to write my last scroll of the list of items I was making.

Flaaayin: Great Character and it was exactly how I thought a Drillmaster should act. Once you died though, most of the village spirit seemed to go with you.

Ghurn: Thanks for talking me off the cliff that one day. Also, thanks for making the last run enjoyable. Good luck in fighting off the hordes.

Sidius: Yeah I was planning on singing a life after the fear song failed twice, but then you went and died on me. It was great at least having you awake when I was to go and actually take some risks.

Adangar: Good luck and keep on trucking.

Syther: Apparently our times didn't mesh well, but hopefully you can either pick a Drillmaster or be able to recruit some different timezone players. From what I saw you did a good job. Sometimes, I was curious how you enforced things, but that is why you are a leader and I wasn't.

Balthius: I hope I was at least able to help you out, as you seemed the only one ever really receptive to my ideas on strengthening the veil by getting the magical items. Thanks for the fun.

Nexus:

Grelgich: Thanks for the talk before I died my last death. I hated that wolverine unless I was able to get a fiend on you first.

Chulun: You were a beast, and I couldn't do much against your bashes, until I took the evasive edge and then I was able to avoid some of them, but then you started entwining me first. The reason most villagers run inside the village, is that we don't have the luxury of flee;quaff teleport as you do.

Allysia: Thanks for the conversation and it did help to vent some of my frustration. You are right though, bard on bard fights just don't have a great appeal to them.

Fort:

Gurz: Man you always seemed to want to challenge me one on one, but then the rest of the fort would show. So I figured that was part of your roleplay, but you could definitely be a pain once some of my songs failed.

Rhone: Invokers were definitely my favorite to fiht, and I always like it when we would fight as it was simply a matter of whose stuff worked first.

Werth: I am still shocked I was able to beat you in that one fight we had where I got you.

Zakuun: Thanks for the many fights. I hated binder thieves the most, and good job on your part.

Empire:

Norington: Man I think you were the one that always seemed to take the worse out of my songs. I did like the fact that at least you were willing to fight.

Draktah: I liked you better as a narrator, than when we actually fought and you did the same thing as Chulun..bash bash bash.

Sivyh: Was kind of hoping you would of at least offered the bloodoath to me once I got kicked out of battle. Not sure I would of accepted, but might have been an interesting angle. But anyways good fights, and seems liek you got a powerful Empire going now.

Elj/Cheetah: Damn you are tough, and not afraid to fight. It was a bad time for anthem and resist to fall when I got overconfident that time. Good work and keep it up.

Lohoq: You are definitely a crafty assassin. I was hoping you wouldn't call in reinforcements on the river, but I should of known better. Good fights though.

Immortals: Thanks for all that you do to make this game enjoyable. Thanks for the lastname and title as well.

100391, A lot of memories involving this character
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In Fort CB you two annoying notewriters were mentioned as Flaaaaaaaaayin and Gryiulioluious! ;)

Unlike Flaaayin, however, my hate towards you as Faeshu was purely IC. The damn rascal hated all villagers, happy to stab you when he could! Piece of log from his death hour, for laughs:

Jehb says 'I'll hire a bard to sing of you.'
You say 'Just don't make it too tragic?'
You say 'Sure there was hell lot of bad things.'
Jehb says 'It shall be a happy tune, one that fits you.'
Someone whispers 'I have hired Gryilious to sing in your honor.'
You say 'Oh no...'
Someone chuckles politely.
You say 'NOT Gryilious!'
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Thelana laughs heartily.
Jehb says 'She assured me it will be in good taste.'
Jehb says 'A happy tune to celebrate your life.'
Brrrrrrrrr. You shiver uncomfortably.

And you wrote it. Cool.
100322, Didn't realize how right I was old man!
Posted by Lohoq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew you were around forever, but I didn't realize you were that close to death. You were a crafty bard, sorry I handed you two deaths right before the end. Come to the empire!
100306, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gryilious Garraknah the Embittered Voice of the Warsong, Battle-Tested Skjald
Posted by Grelgich on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Total respect. You were scary to go up against and that definately did not make me any happier walking into a fight with you. Glad we had the little chat last night, it was good to be able to talk to Villagers some as much as I am in form and I think there was definately some respect there at the end. Good job.
100303, Nothing but respect.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did quite well, especially since the village bard has a big bullseye on them since they make villagers that much stronger. I think not being evil would have made you so much tougher since the fort seemed to go for you a lot as well. You were always target #1 in any fight I imagine. Which is a feeling I knew pretty well myself. And village bard can be powerful, but can be tough at times too with the whole bash/trip vulns. :)

We had some good fights, generally I had no fear of you, and likely you me. Bard on bard solo fights are pretty dull, especially when you can go hide in the sea and be pretty hard to track down and just recover.

Anyway, liked the char a lot. I tried to do more talking than fighing with you, since at times I know it is nice to have someone to vent a frustration or two to, even if I happened to be the source of it at times.

GL with whatever follows.
100298, You were a seriously tough bastard.
Posted by Eljassir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Overconfidence gets us all though.

Though, I'll admit that was a horrible time for your resistance to fall.

Good luck with the next.