Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Except that...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=92856&mesg_id=92869
92869, RE: Except that...
Posted by sorlag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He has no real reason to be anywhere near the Battle giant, so that's probably not a common scenario.

It's definitely abusable, but nobody knows if he did it on purpose.

Someone gave me some grief once for having a character whose name began with "Skel". Until they pointed it out, I hadn't even considered the fact that I guess I could run to the Crypts and hope my aggressor bashed a skeleton. Some people just don't think that way.

The way I see it:
1) You can't prove his INTENT was to abuse the mechanics of prefix targeting, and;

2) You can still use an alias and/or type it out. The prefix thing is nice, but as a player you simply have to realize that it's inexact and if there are multiple entities in the room, you have to think about what you're doing.

I'll admit at four letters it's suspicious, but at the end of the day you and every other player have it within their ability to utterly negate this kind of abuse, so who cares? Besides, there are SO many prefixes that are affected by this, it's hard to avoid unless you make a point to avoid it when you think up names, which just isn't something everyone does, they just want a cool-sounding name.