Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Bezzilan FarWalker the Grand Master of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88572&mesg_id=88702
88702, RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Bezzilan FarWalker the Grand Master of Artistry
Posted by Bezzilan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks. You're right, it was challenging to play a char that could never think of pk'ing as an option or response.

But, you're slightly off on the reason the char was unique. It's not that he was a herald who wasn't interested in pk. It was rather that he was someone preaching pacifism in a world of killers. Even Selric followers would kill people from time to time, and said they would. I don't ever recall someone who would never ever kill a person, even if it meant he would die, even if they were attacking him, and tried to convince others to do the same. In a world where killing is the standard. If there has been someone like that, well, I stand corrected. But I personally have never heard of such a char.

As for the notes, I'm not sure what to do then. Say no to people who ask you to send a note out for them? Is sending one or two original works a week too much? Because that's what I did. I'm honestly not trying to argue about who is right or wrong, I want to understand what a well roleplayed bard is supposed to do in that regard. I was mindful that overkill is, well, overkill, and so limited my original works to one or two a week. If that's too much, I'm not sure what a bard's supposed to do. Thoughts?