Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectWow thanks for the undeserved praise :)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=87786&mesg_id=88039
88039, Wow thanks for the undeserved praise :)
Posted by Maldaris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think Dup's definitely more of the pillar of strength Maran type than Humbert was. Humbert was a guerilla-style (I know, giant guerillas sneaking in the mountains right?) run in bash bash flurry and kill quickly, but die easily sort. Dupmasione on the other hand was an absolute powerhouse that could steamroll most things, even if he couldn't always land the kill.

Thanks for the nice comments... When I made Maldaris I was pretty sure nothing to stand up to him one on one with full preps. I think Dupmasione could, considering that Maldaris needed to have 1400 hp, aura shield barrier stoneskin protection resist_wrath (grazes from defiance), shield of electricity for the extra damage, and using everything in his arsenal to beat Dup (who is unprepped). Dupmasione can just flee and return, hit and run, etc. Mana doesn't last forever, nor do protections...

Also another odd thing about Dup which made the hit-and-run possible for you (a good invoker using Immolation will never let an enemy be able to recover easily) was that Immolation seemed to NEVER get the burning effect on you. That made you troublesome because you'd be regening and healing after fleeing. Immolation would prevent resting and deal minor damage (goes through mantle) for six hours or so which totally nukes hit-and-run types.