Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: A great character
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=79590&mesg_id=79633
79633, RE: A great character
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>When you were around, I had to completely alter my approach
>I read a log on Dio's once, where someone teleported into an
>area and was immediately strangled by you.

Heh. Either Caztor is phenomenally unlucky or he's just lying. At the time, I figured it was the latter. I was only waiting for him in that area because Xamekan had reported him resting there some time earlier, and I figured it might be his "safe resting spot". So I went there and waited to see if he'd come again.

To be honest, most shifters were pretty resistant to my tactics. Especially scion shifters when you had powers. In your particular case, let's suppose I get you choked out of form and manage both curse and bind hands/legs.

Now what are my options? Well, if I think you're not flying then I can wait out the garrotte duration and try to wake/trip. But if you are flying then I just gave you the chance to shape crocodile before I can backstab. So now I have no chance.

Alternately, if I think you're flying then I can backstab. But crocodile's damage reduction and regeneration, plus despoil, make it so that even if I get you writhing on the stab, most likely I can't finish you before all the bindings fall off. Then you just flee, run a few rooms off, revert and teleport.