Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAwesome awesome awesome
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=70715&mesg_id=70751
70751, Awesome awesome awesome
Posted by Kernagor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a cool character, and one of the powerhouses of the fort. The interview you gave me was also pretty cool. I found it very difficult to play a fortie assassin when I tried, so props to you for making it work out. I also thought that you were perfectly in line when you "legislated" the behavior of the Fortress, or, at least, the squire/maran half of it, which was predominant at the time. Its bothered me in my previous forties when leaders did not give out concrete orders and forties were at a loss as to how to deal with certain enemies/potential enemies.

I'm also perfectly cool with you shoveling all the induction crap on Humbert, since when I was inducted it looked to me like you were inducting 5 people for every 1 of Humbert's, due to his random and short times (this isn't a jab at Humbert, OOC takes precedence over IC). It is, however, almost poetic justice =P.

I also totally get what you were talking about in terms of PK ranges. Most of the time it seems like my pk range is full of people I either can't kill (Liches, Kharnial/Waris, etc) or people I don't really want to kill, cause their life is hard enough already with the massive swing (like Krikar, Carintsei, and Kresin). I end up avoiding a lot of fights myself, not because I don't like PK, but because I either don't stand a chance or feel really bad when I kill them.

Last thing. I noticed that you preferred to run alone. I totally get this, since I've played a fortie assassin myself, and what with the gigantic swing I wouldn't want to run around ganging the crap out of my pk range either. But a few times you'd be leading a large group of us, and you'd disband the group to go hunting on your own, and then Kharnial/Waris/whomever would hit, and we wouldn't be in any position to quickly rally and engage before the watcher died. We'd end up running in one by one and getting easily driven off or asploded. Maybe you could have pointed at a nearby Maran or Acolyte and gone "form around that guy" and then broken off to do whatever while still having the group preformed and being able to snap off orders for whatever situation. Anyways, this is a pretty minor point, all

I still think you are the ####. Awesome job and good luck with your next.