Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectArrogant walrus
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=69524&mesg_id=69559
69559, Arrogant walrus
Posted by Walrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Bhaer – Tough as nails but arrogant as hell. I still think walruses raiding Cabals are stupid as hell and should be fixed."

The only time I can think that I was really arrogant (or at least what I considered arrogant) was when you killed me in the refuge. That was a very, very long day which included the following (I apologize if I don't get all the events correct):

- For the first time in my cf career, I found out how to get to the Silent Tower. I didn't know how to get out. I died to Seyr and Telda there. They skinned the corpse, so if I wanted my things I had to go back, regardless of whether I knew a way out or not.

- So, I go back, I die. Half of my things are taken from the corpse and dropped in a way that would end up making it very difficult to recover. This also caused my death.

- So, I go back again, get my things, die to get out (because yes, I'm that smooth and I had no clue how to get out. Again, first time ever.)

- I go to raid the refuge, solo, with wands, which I didn't use all that often either. After the 6th time of retreating, healing insects/thorn/spores, and what must have been nearly an hour of game time, you login just as I get the fetish. Was blind, spored, insected, thornhearted and protections had fallen. I die.

- So I come back to get a particular item, which all but requires me to unghost at the spirit. And I leave.

(Here I can't recall if this was a different time or not).

- So I go to raid and fight you a bit. Khurga (think that's the name, scion) comes as well to fight you, as does a lowbie looter. I'm out of form, Khurga decides to kill me, I die, you come and kill him, lowbie loots.

- I remember yelling something after you saying you were going to sort my equipment or something. I'd been on for some ungodly amount of time and was a might bit ticked off after the days events.

If I came across as arrogant elsewhere, I suppose I can see it, though it wasn't really my intention. I tried to give a non-nonsense attitude. Perfectly willing to give folks a chance, not looking to crazy loot anyone, just interested in keeping the cities quiet. Was pretty even-keeled overall except for that day.

I liked Niz, but oy is it a pain to deal with outlanders as a tribbie.