Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Big Difference
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62162&mesg_id=62386
62386, RE: Big Difference
Posted by KarithiaBero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That could mean that you were unable to pierce the barrier I had around the character. While I am pretty sure there are things I could have done better, I'm sure the same could be said for others. How many would just write things off and then avoid the character instead of learning more about them (just a general statement)?

The thing is, to call anyone's RP poor, elitist, griefing isn't always a fair assessment on someone. Too many people out there believe X should always act like X, and that Y is always wrong. There are tons and tons of people out there who believe their RP is correct. (again, just more general statements)

If you get turned off right away by someone's demeanor towards your own character and disagree with the way they handle themselves without further learning about the character, then that falls upon each individual. Sure things do happen based on first impressions and all that jazz.

But how many times in real life have you thought someone a jerk or ass, and as time went on and you got to know them, found them to be a very good, reliable person?

If someone isn't going to try to get past obstacles and will instead look right away for someone who's actions and persona match their owns, you cannot fairly call the one you do not see eye to eye with as an elitist. It takes both sides to act. Sometimes a difficult encounter can be richer then an easy encounter

I could go into all that was Karithia, her role, her actions many did not see, her change as events unfolded, and the countless good things she did, but that won't change your opinion or others.

Just keep in mind, when you label someone as X, make sure they really aren't Y by you putting forth effort to see if there is more to a person then meets the eye.

And as an aside, I'll just say again. There are a lot of things I could have done better, but no one is perfect.