Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Just a couple of things.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=62162&mesg_id=62309
62309, RE: Just a couple of things.
Posted by Fobrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>In any event, I don't know who you were but I'm glad at least
>someone who obviously feels contrary to what some are now
>posting has chimed in. I'd be interested to hear what people
>(like you say you were) who actually spent time with Marbeleil
>have to say. Rezmar, Pesawwkt, Braemir, Fobrin, etc.

I really liked Marbeliel. It was obvious you were a vet, and knew your stuff. One particular instance when I screwed up (picking up the Eagle Inscribed staff) you were very understanding, assuring me it was no big deal.

That said, I did get a vibe that you could tell who was a vet and who wasn't, and those that weren't had a much shorter rope with you. I even mentioned it to you, once - I'm sure you remember the time - via a tell, and later you said you were glad I'd pointed it out. Actually after that you seemed much more easy going with those in the Fortress that were obvious new players.

I have a hard time believing/understanding that you deleted simply because you didn't get a tattoo or whatever from Baerinika. I mean you got made a Maran (despite the brusque manner that several noticed), you were becoming a leader (which might have translated into a mortal leader spot, who knows?), and things seemed to be going well.

But when I logged in that night and you were a ghost and folks hadn't managed to grab your stuff, I knew things weren't good. Then you wouldn't answer me beyond "a lucky assassinate" I knew things were bad. Then when you quit out (with the Ebony Scepter! WTF man!?!) I was pretty sure you were done.

Honestly was it *just* because of no tat? Or did the "Fort blues" start to sink in, too?

Anyways again I liked your char, it's too bad you deleted, good luck with the next!