Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Great char!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61667&mesg_id=61708
61708, RE: Great char!
Posted by Xin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Let me begin with saying how much I admire you taking the
>hard road
>because it felt appropriate for your character. Much respect.

Thanks. I never intended to be on the hard road to begin with, but I tried to follow where the story took me. Plot twists and turning points are vital to a good story, and I don't think I could have played a character this long if he had not been dynamic.

>I think Throkk and Xin went from animosity to tolerable
>professionalism or something like that.
>
>It helped a lot that you didn't have the "Fluffy elf-syndrome"
>as Lyrestion put it. It also helped that you didn't preach,
>indeed, you let Throkk do his own thing, so I couldn't really
>see any reason
>to stir up #### just for the sake of it.

I did preach, but I kept it muted. I suggested to those around me to prioritize their targets and not blow the ambush just because some stupid paladin wants to stick his neck into the Outlander noose looking for the Scion or Imperial we were hunting.

>I was dead-tired when you age-died, so I just wanted to quit
>out, but thank you for what appeared to be some hesistant
>acknowledgement ;-)

I meant no slight to the younger Outlanders, but I seldom got to see any of you in action. What I did want to comment but forgot was your "Little Claw" rp. I loved that way you had of addressing me, for although it might have started as an insult, it became something of an endearing pseudonym that acknowledged that "working professionalism" you mentioned earlier. Your cabaltalk in general made a strong impression on me.

>Good luck with the next, but take an easier road, man. You
>have earned it twice over.
>

Nothing good is easy, but if we are lucky we will all have fun.