Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Bye, sensei!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=50933&mesg_id=50985
50985, RE: Bye, sensei!
Posted by Nreisshe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Myself, I didn't quite believe in rangers until I played one, too. Great if I served as inspiration, though with the revamp they've been plentiful enough (I rememberthat one time there were 6 of us on at once, ow).

I know I don't have the most complex and intricate roles, I just have some basic idea when I start and then flesh them out as I go. I was quite satisfied how that worked this time, too!

As for PK... my last serious char went 3-5 or something, I wanted something different. When I started, I wasn't too great with rangery tricks and paths either; eventually I got those down in my spine good enough that I could get from the Tree to Octagonal tower in about 2 minutes, stepping out only for about 20 rooms tops. Contrary to some beliefs, I didn't spend all my time sitting in one spot, but most of the time roamed from place to place. :) And yes, I certainly was murderous like Aarn's comment said: if you weren't felar, ranger, wood-elf or druid, you were generally seen as meat. If you *were* one of above, I was fairly indifferent or even amiable. Like I said, I wanted something different from foofy RP-focused stuff.

And I'm sure you'll do great, I recommended you for the spot too. You have your own fun style which I liked watching, keep it up, my Mini-Me! :P

Thanks for the good times and for giving Nrei someone to feel motherly about.