Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectGood paladins, bad paladins, immortals and such things
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=4539&mesg_id=4540
4540, Good paladins, bad paladins, immortals and such things
Posted by Tom (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know if Ruairc was really that bad as paladin. One of the worst paladins (from the point of roleplaying) I remember in the history of cf was Ahrdra (played by nepenthe and since that is no secret, I can mention it here).
Locating stuff all day, going out to gather equip and refusing help nearly EVERYTIME when being asked for. I remember that very well, because the following reason:
Once, long long time ago, Twist wrote a note about the roleplaying of paladins, mentioning what kind of roleplaying the immortals would expect from a paladin.
The main points where:
- Hate evil, even dislike to stand at the same place with evil!!
- Being noble, helping young lightwalkers that need help
A few later this paladin Ahrdra appeared, was an arbiter, did not even have problems to hunt criminals together with a necromancer!! and located gear all day.
I made a newbie elf and brought myself into trouble to test Ahrdra, and when I asked very friendly if she could get me out of a no exit room in dwarven kingdom.. "busy".. "busy".. and so on.
I wrote a complain about the greedy roleplaying of Ahrdra to Twist with my newbie.. of course not knowing that Ahrdra was played by an immortal....
Well, I think the immortals do not really know themselves what kind of roleplaying they expect from paladins; or at least each immortal has a VERY different opinion about it.
Ruairc was for sure not the worst paladin ever in thera....