Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThe obligatory call-out.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43546&mesg_id=43854
43854, The obligatory call-out.
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Dealing with the Immortals. I have no ill will toward any of
>you, but it seemed some of you reacted in such a way where you
>thought I was personally attacking you as a player. I'm sorry
>if this came across like this, it was not meant.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to call #### on this point.

I honestly can't think of any other player who has four or five different registered forum aliases specifically for the purpose of ####-talking the staff. It would also be hard for me to point to a player who expresses more generalized hatred for the staff. If there's no animosity there, you have a strange way of showing it -- not unlike the relationship between a drunk and his battered wife, minus the occasional tearful apology and promise to change.

In a vacuum, Mizzarah was definitely not a bad character, and one that got to do some cool/original things, but just as I'm most impressed by great characters that come from players playing against type (e.g. a longtime serial evil player doing an awesome paladin, a hardcore rager player rolling out a very memorable mage character, etc.), we'd be more impressed if a character like this came from a player for whom trash-talking random immortals was actually roleplaying and not just like every other day.

All that said, I'm still interested to see what you come up with next. Have fun!