Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Goodbyes.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43546&mesg_id=43592
43592, RE: Goodbyes.
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I interacted with you more as a mortal than as an Immortal, and thought your 'parasite' analogy was pretty interesting. You did put the Imms between a rock and a hard place - that probably explains some of the different reactions you got. There's a lot of RP restrictions placed on us as Immortals that don't always mesh with what you would expect from an all-powerful diety figure in a mythical world. I think some of us felt that your role and roleplaying exploited those restrictions to your (relative) advantage, and interacted with you accordingly. Other Imms viewed it as a valid and challenging role, and interacted with you based on those assumptions.

Even though I place myself in the former group, I dealt with it IC by just simply ignoring you. Crazy dark-elf assassin that doesn't believe I'm a God? I've got more important things to deal with.

Now, all that being said, there were a few things about you that impressed me. One was the fact that you stuck with your role through thick and thin - I never saw or heard of you breaking character. Another was the fact that you did this and were still a capable PKer who chose their targets based on their RP. Mindless killers don't impress me. And finally, the fact that you enjoyed your character and your playing experience. That always impresses me.

Good luck with your next, I'm sure it will be an interesting one!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends