Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectOk, just to show you I can be intelligent.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40070&mesg_id=40135
40135, Ok, just to show you I can be intelligent.
Posted by Laughing still on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"If your complaint is that you're playing better characters that aren't getting titles, that's jealousy."

Agreed, and not the case.

"If your complaint is that you're playing characters you think are better that are also getting titles, who the #### cares? "

Agreed, still not the case.

"If your complaint is that you're playing characters you think are better and they're getting more but you don't think it's enough more, again, who the #### cares? "

Agreed, and its still not the case.

"Oooh. Not more than one person! I can't stand up to that kind of judgement."

This is very similar to my own opinion of, "Oooh. An immortal! I can't stand up to that kind of intelligence!" Shall we move on?

"Rewards in this game aren't a consensus-based exercise. If the imms think you're doing a good job, you might get something, if they think you're not, you might not."

Agreed. Thought I think it may make the MUD better if this were more clearly defined to the players, beyond "have role, get 10 xp". Consistency brings a sense of a level playing field that CF seems to lack.

" think Qulenit was a solid character who deserved at least as much as he got;"

I'm happy for you, and him, I didn't have any real problems with Qulenit IC, myself.

"you don't, and that'd fine, except I don't care."

Beyond the typo you made, I'll add that you seem to have this presumption that I care what you think, as well. In reality what I care about is very selfish, and that is having fun on the MUD. The more people the staff alienates with their inconsistent behavior and inconsistent reward system, the more people leave. This leaves me, the selfish player, with a lot less fun.