Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectA good character
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=34320&mesg_id=34400
34400, A good character
Posted by Unthurok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, that's a ton of hours. I wonder if I'll ever have a character with that many. I thought Kelin was a strong fighter, but had a number of things skew my perspective concerning him. You struck me as a 'equipment set first, rp/dedication second' kind of character. Almost every time I saw Kelin, he was off with Androkin collecting things he needed, or already had eveything he needed but was ignoring the vast number of evils around and off exploring here or there.

I did manage to travel with you a couple of times, though one of them involved a large group acquiring a blade for Wungar, in which I was berated by Kelin for taking the sword I wanted, which I'd announced at the beginning of the trip had been my objective. At the time, I was looking at the words Kelin had spoken and literally thought out loud... "Is he going to cry if I keep this sword?" But I stuck to my guns, because some part of me really wanted to see what you would do about not getting your way. In response, we never spoke or interacted again, so I got my answer.

Advice I would offer would be to spend a lot less time worrying about your set and have fun in the fights that can really go either way on the drop of a dime. This game is no fun when it's a sure thing. Dying is to be expected, and while equipment can make a significant difference, so can being willing to have some fun.