Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Economics baby!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=29651&mesg_id=29662
29662, RE: Economics baby!
Posted by Vahl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey no problem guy. It's rockin' that you stuck that in your role. :)

Yes, when I had the opportunity to act as an Acolyte should, I tried to take it. Mainly because I was always so busy acting, in people's minds, the opposite way that an Acolyte should. :P

Which leads me to the answer of your question. No, there weren't many other active Acolytes in my day. Through the entire 600 something hour span there were perhaps three? at one time. Now, that is not to say that there have not been more scribes, but even their numbers are arguably sparse.

I think the reason for this is manifold. Dawn traditionally has perhaps been seen as a 'newbie cabal'. I don't believe this is now the case at all, but that might draw away from the appeal that more experienced players would have with say, another cabal. However, both Vahletharien and Audriel made very sure that the people that were being brought in were quality, and knew their stuff. Vahletharien especially was hardass and didn't induct very many people at all, even though not many applied. (but the ones he did induct were quality baby, quality!)

Anyway, the other reason is the lack (or percieved lack of) active playerkilling. It's the same reason you hear people complain about playing healers, it gets boring...etc etc. I remedied this in part, by also being a priest of the war god Vynmylak, which a few people didn't quite catch for some reason....

And a third reason, is sometimes it's a pain to be nice to people *all* the time. Which was also remedied by Vahl. Hahah. :P