Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectI logged in without detect invis.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=26103&mesg_id=26256
26256, I logged in without detect invis.
Posted by Malkhar. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And didn't notice you there :P What can I say? Sometimes I was good, other times I was a dumbass :) However, it was karma because most of what I was wearing at that time I had taken from Grurk when I (fortunately) logged in while he was raiding alone.

As for raiding the Spire for the scales, you're absolutely correct. I'll have to leave it to ranger players better than I to solo-fight the executioner and a competent PK while manacled with little spirelings running around calling guards. I just did not feel comfortable doing it unless I had someone healing me. There were many times I wanted to delete out of frustration - ideally, I would have loved to pursue Lyristeon's religion/Outlander as a shaman. Truthfully, the only thing I learned from it was not to play a ranger if I want to wreak havoc by myself in town/the Spire.

But I feel the reverse is completely true, as well. There were times we held the fetish, I was the only one able to defend against you (and keep in mind lower range outlanders can't do anything to you on par with guardcall/manacles - if any lower range outlanders were even logged in) and you never came alone to raid, either. Not that I fault you for it (because it would be the ranger's ideal deathtrap against a necromancer), but I believe it is easy to make excuses for one's own lack of aggression, calling it wisdom or what-have-you, while faulting others for theirs. Many times I'd have to sit camo'd (alone) for a real life hour waiting for some lone imperial or tribunal to retrieve (hoping they wouldn't suspect I was online - I'm not being arrogant, there was just a long period of time where I was one of the very few hero-range outlanders), only to watch them log out. Like I said, it only bugged me when they were playing a class that could so easily handle a ranger (e.g. Shaman or temperance paladin).