Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectHmm.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=26103&mesg_id=26136
26136, Hmm.
Posted by Malkhar. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you delete?

I hope not because I was fond of Nimuweh, too, and I think she has an interesting story arc going.

Mixed feelings on rangers. If I were the only CF IMM, I'd probably reduce the effectiveness of snares somewhat (because I think it steers them towards one-trickness) and give them a modified insect swarm at level 45 - one that dissipitates when the victim enters a civilized area like windwalk. I think the latter would increase opportunities for other ways to PK at hero. I'd always tweak the Eastern Roads.. well, the main roads in general, so that you could hide/sneak and camo/creep along them - trees to either side, like some places North of the Jualdhe.

So you can probably tell my main issues from those suggestions :P 90% of my PKs were done by "snare herding" and too many potential PKs delete with 20% or less wilderness time - you just don't have to go to the wilderness for very long once you're done ranking. And, on the other hand, rangers might actually be too powerful in some ways, in the wilderness - largely because of snare which seems to scare the bejeebus out of people. All in all, I had fun. Sometimes I was bored out of my mind creeping across the game looking for PKs, and other times I was running high on adrenaline jumping from one person to another. There are some areas I would really have liked to explore, but then there are others that I would not have thoroughly explored UNLESS I was playing a ranger.

Does that answer the question?