Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Because I messed up that post a little
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=23196&mesg_id=23405
23405, RE: Because I messed up that post a little
Posted by Boldereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Few things:

1) Eskelian purposely did things which were shady. He admitted such, Oblain is doing the opposite which gives me the impression he generally didn't know what he was doing was wrong.

2) I never used guards innapropriately aside from having them with me, nor did I actively hunt non-criminals who hadn't attacked me or raided the cabal.

3.5) I never hit cabal outers unless the criminal was INSIDE using the outer to block my progress. I didn't go up there with five imperials and assist them raid hoping the criminal would *show up*. You'll notice in the rules of procedure for Vindicators that the 'whens' of attacking other cabals are made perfectly crystal clear.

3) When I was Vindicator Bria and Astein were about constantly. During Oblain's time, for a large portion of it there was only one Tribunal imm and then for quite some time, no tribunal imms at all. To say he wouldn't/couldn't have made those positions is farce.

Bear in mind that my doing actions purposefully, did not generate nearly as many complaints (not even 1/2) that Oblain did 'by following the book' and maybe you'll see why I thought he wasn't a great vindicator.

As far as my own post, it was in referrence not to attacking someone who'd done nothing wrong. It was to thieving. This was not thieving, try to bend the laws in that post to show me a single thing done wrong. There's no possible legitimate interpretation that doesn't involve you leaving out words. The thief in that log stole under the literal sense. Yeitrai, imho, was justified.

You can bend laws, you cannot make them up, at the end of the day you still need a law to point to to show me their actions.

I'll even go more in depth into it:

I struck an entropy healer that gated to me. That's what I got booted for. When Astein 'chewed me out' he said, "Point to which law the healer broke that incurred your wrath". He then said, "Being that there were no laws that he broke, to incur your wrath, being that you were on duty when you attacked him, you were wrong." That's how I got my final title.

Appended :

If you're not failing to see the logic of using my actions to justify Oblains, bear in mind that I got thrown out of the cabal, insulted by Astein, and given a punishment title. I got this before I even heroed, for far fewer and lesser offenses then half of what Oblain committed.