Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: agree to disagree?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=18834&mesg_id=18891
18891, RE: agree to disagree?
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>put this in perspective. Ancruhl is a very good player, other
>players are very good players but Anchrul got too strong for
>them to beat solo, they resort to ganging because they are
>afraid to run up and die in vain. So who are you to tell them
>they have to come at you solo when they know they will lose?
>sounds very ooc to me.

I honestly don't believe for one second that was the case. I don't think he "got too strong to fight" because other AP's have had more charges in the past, had more advantages than he did, and were taken down. I believe, and he even admitted, to logging out when faced with uncomfortable odds. I'm not disputing his being a good player, and never once have. However, I don't think he is as good as he seems to think he is. Sure he killed some good people, but he also killed a great ####load of people who weren't tough kills, who were wearing jack #### (yes, eq DOES make a difference) or who just outright sucked.

>though Ancruhl is right that there is alot of cheating that
>goes on, and he sought to see how well he could do against
>those odds, and in his and my opinion he did quite well.
>though I don't deem it necessary to bring up gangers and
>cheaters in every goodbye post ;) don't condemn him for
>stating how he feels Vlad.

Yes, there is a lot oc cheating that goes on. There's no denying that. Yes he did quite well. However, logging in and out in the manner (self admittedly) did is considered cheating according to the rules. So, by his own admission he was cheating. Plain and simple. As for condemning him for how he feels, ehh, you may have a point there. However I'd be a lot more inclined to not say anything if it wasn't always "I deleted because I have proved to you all what a true badass I am. You know you all wish you were me. I'm so damned sexy I don't know how I keep from touching myself. You all cheat and I am Ms. Lilly White".

I'd take one Derexal, Talia (the original), Sassmi, Wemnar, Satinka or Loborguz over 10 Ancruhl's. Why? Because they all stuck to their roles for a LONG time, stayed for the duration, and hung in there without deleting before a character even hits old age. I'd rather have one fully fleshed out character who has the balls to stay and be a part of the world we play in, than ten who log in and out to suit their comfort level, delete before even out of maturity, and obsess over PK ratios. I'd simply rather play with people who are more interested in being well remembered personas than remembered for their PK ratio.