Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectLog Request for Advertisement Purposes:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=17684&mesg_id=17684
17684, Log Request for Advertisement Purposes:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been mulling over more ideas for advertising CF on various MUD promotional sites (like Top Mud Sites... go vote!), and one of the ideas I had was to post some high quality logs which highlight some of our cooler features. What I'm looking for from you guys are logs that:

- Highlight both RP and PK.
- Highlight a variety of skills and/or spells. Hero-range-ish logs are often best for this, but the right midbie log can pull this off as well.
- Tell a story. It's one thing to see two enemies bashing heads, but it looks cooler if there's something to set the scene. Introduce the main participants a little, for example.
- Pack a lot of punch without being overly long. Nobody wants to read 20 pages of walking in between 2 pages of action. Edit as needed.
- Some annotation is useful. I'm not a fan of the "pause every two lines for random comments" style, but a few parentheticals here and there can guide the reader. Remember that the intended audience is composed mostly of people who (for some god-awful unfathomable reason) not played CF, but have probably played another MUD or two. I'll probably add some explanation to any log we use in this fashion as needed, but only the participants can really nail the "What I was thinking here was..." angle.

Two or three short logs might be better than one epic tale, just for variety. Post them here on the Battlefield for now (these are fun even if there's no ad being discussed), and let's see what people like. Dig through those hard drives!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com