Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectSo on a more serious note...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=146190&mesg_id=146278
146278, So on a more serious note...
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF is a game that creates passion. People feel strongly about many things (in life and in CF as well). It is not necessarily a supportive community. If you personalize everything, you will alienate people around you. At this point, you are upset, and you are lashing out. There are no characters that are universally liked (some get close to it however). Perhaps - Piti was universally liked - so maybe that's one exception. But even Piti ran a slander campaign that she got full looted when that gnome ranger Magistrate took three (three!) items from the corpse of a wanted criminal.

The challenge is that you are a wolf (a competent, PK-capable player) that continues to pretend to be a sheep. This will not be well received by many people, myself included. So you either embrace the power - Taenya was a good (and rarely long lived) Sunwarden, with great forms and was a fierce adversary with strong RP (and yes, Outlanders sometimes generate hate mail - I do not condone that hate mail - it kills immersion and boo on Holy Cross necro) - or you continue to pretend (i.e. daft or disingenuous) to play a victim (and complain about one combo - trapper thief - that your particular build - found difficult to flyto murder). I did not complain about builds that absolutely wiped the floor with Atrael - I embraced the "gift" and tried to be respectful in how I used it. I'm sure I succeeded in some ways and failed in others.

You keep saying that you got "chased off" but did you bother to pause and think how your approach killed the funstick for others? Many (not me) viewed your character as an opportunistic and "cheap" killer who hid in camo for the majority of their life. It's not all about you. It's about the game that we are all passionate about. And sometimes people will disagree with your views on balance.

I've exhausted the subject, I will not be posting further on this.

P.S.: There is no better reinforcement of the great utility of Discord than this thread.