Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectI'll compliment Oshui.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=114725&mesg_id=114928
114928, I'll compliment Oshui.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People see what they wanted to see when they assessed Oshui, they didn't witness every hour of the char's life so that they could judge him as a whole. I fought Oshui as an imperial, and as a nexus char for example, and had nothing but respect for the guy. And if someone snooped my chars, and from that view was all they ever saw or knew of Oshui, they would have liked him too.

He was far classier to all the imperials than any of us ever were to him when he died, watching him get fulled after a 5 on 1 was a reason for my imperial's deletion. I always tried to loot his corpse just so I could give things back to him because I figured otherwise he was getting little to nothing. Oshui PKing me did not seem reason to full the guy, at least to me.

When he logged on, I witnessed the mass log offs of the imperials a few times, (the guy swung the cabal dynamics without a doubt) I even talked to him about it a couple times. His play time seemed to allow him to come on around 4-5 pm EST, which was usually when mine ended, but I saw enough of him to get a feel for him. Sometimes I tried to stay around just to get one fight with him, even though I knew he was likely going to tear me apart. I thought overall he was a good character that did have some fun RP. I imagine having people telling you OOC things gets old and jades any player, but taking the time to RP with him brought RP out of him most everytime I spoke to him. I saw him deal with getting fulled without batting an eye, when that would have caused other players to delete.

As a nexus char, he attacked me because I attacked goodies and killed a few. One death for one offense, and then he left me alone, though I think he only killed me once. Given that light always tipped, it was pretty frequent that I had a debt, but again, he was always classy about things and if anything was fun because of the challenge he posed to fight. If he pushed the boundaries of what a goodie should do, well good. Some people should do that, it makes things more interesting than Team A vs Team B vs Team C.

And he got himself involved with my dwarf's obsession with Tolgrumm, which was also fun to see.

I am not saying the char was close to perfect, but FFS, I have yet to see any char that has ever come close to being perfect consistently, especially over 700+ hours. My best long lived characters all had those moments of going OOC in various little ways. They all got frustrated when a lot of bad breaks or bad odds were all I saw for periods of time. And the older/stronger your char gets, the more people will complain about you, because at 50 hours they can't compete as well against you. Allysia got bitched about and she was really nothing more than a bard that really any player could recreate with relative ease if they wanted to spend a little time on the char, and probably have more success with than I ever did.

I think that even though Oshui had a giant mark on him and lots of people watching him, he did his best to just play his character in the manner most of us tried to when we played, to be mostly IC, mostly trying to add to the game/fun. And if he had flaws and bad moments, well, we all do, and I doubt many other players would not have behaved similarly if they were subjected to the non-stop bitching & criticism in game and out that this guy was.

So cheers to Oshui, I thought you did well.