Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAthioles
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100197&mesg_id=100268
100268, Athioles
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't remember if I said this in your goodbye thread, but Athioles was one of the best leaders I have seen in CF. You were completely fearless in pursuing the cabal's objectives, and had everyone's back in a way that was very charismatic. In fact, I think you steered the Scribes and Acolytes a bit off their path through your infectious demeanor. It was a good deal of fun serving as your lieutenant.

Basically, it was an effective approach to leading that I just hadn't seen before. And when I became Marshall, believe me, I attempted to mimic it as best I could.

The Aiocis scenario was pretty entertaining. My favorite memory of Athioles was when you inducted me, though. I'd just managed to defeat a berserker warrior without wands and grabbed his sword as a symbolic trophy to bring to you. He was a little upset, but hey. I come to the tara'bal and tell you, "Hail, I have brought the blade of Zaahir."

You are sitting in the Altar Room, and said, "You killed him with your own hand?"
I said, "Yes."
You induct me. I go to the Altar and meet you, bow, and say, "The blade of Zaahir, Marshall." And hand it to you.

And without a word or glance, you tossed it into the chest.

Heh. Trophies weren't Athioles' bag.