Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100197&mesg_id=100264
100264, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Fun character. I hope you don't take offense by me saying
>that part of your appeal was that there was nothing elaborate
>or exhausting about your RP. You always seemed to be trying
>to involve people in something while still maintaining some
>sense of sportsmanship, and I always knew I could pop in for
>some immteraction without worrying that you would take things
>the wrong way.
>
>Hope you had fun. Best of luck with your next.

No offense taken, I wasn't trying to break the mold. I was aiming for a high-concept archetype of a powerful, benevolent sorceror/scholar hell-bent on eradicating evil and bringing the lands to eternal peace. And I think I hit the mark eventually. It's harder to do something heroic/iconic like that than it sounds in a game as dynamic as CF - it's easy to imagine yourself as powerful but accomplishing it when people are trying to humiliate you in PK is another thing. At least for me.

Part of me wanted to wield a sword, though, just for appearances. There's something visually striking about a sorceror with a hefty blade. But I couldn't hit a kobold's tail with the damned thing.