Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Premium Battlefield
Topic subjectDol's Role Chapter 3
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=31&topic_id=55837&mesg_id=55861
55861, Dol's Role Chapter 3
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Role

Chapter 3

Work, Soul, Heart
Added Fri Apr 8 17:31:42 2016 at level 34:

Work is the crusade against magic, and in particular conjurers. It's my
life's task, to do all I can to end magic, and especially to close the hole that allows
souls from the Azure Fields to be sucked out and forced from immortality into mortality
in the bodies of humans. Early on I found a group who shares this war, albeit each for
different reasons. It was difficult to convince them to accept me, and as it turns
out it's both a gift and a curse for me personlly. It's a gift to find others who see what
seems so obvious to me, that magic is pure evil when in the hands of mortals. But
it's a curse that in my generation the most active leader, called a drillmster, is
a foul duerg brute. I'll admit he seems less obviously repugnant than others of his kind,
and I attribute that to his wisdom in knowing the true enemy of magic. I've told him I
hope one day he might walk the path to the light. But anyway, I eventually found my way into
the village, and now have allies I never thought I'd have, scum though some of them may be.

Soul in some ways mirrors the curse of my time in the village. Early on it became clear
to me that when searching all the world, the faith that struck the chord in my soul was that
of a black hearted god of frost giant descent, Jormyr. But that is where my faith rest and
many times I traveled to his holy place, the Convergence, once I'd found it, to speak with
him of such things. We share much, despite me seeing the power of the Light and he basking in
an abyss of evil. I am the fusion of mortal and immortal, of two souls, and
that joining, foul and forced as it was to happen, has created something different and
perhaps more than the parts alone. If nothing else it gives me a unique perspective, which
I think nobody better than Jormyr would understand. But as he was quick to point out
it's a pretty narrow path. I'm no paladin, and I can stand being around such wickedness,
but even so I need to always be aware of how they could be affecting me even subconsciously.
I am ever vigilant. And in some ways I think it's a good thing for the war, a way to learn.
As the old chestnut says, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.
Jormyr also knows a thing or two about war and destruction, and those are deep in
my life, so even though it might look strange, in truth there was no other choice.