Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectWithout any specifics...an idea
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=744&mesg_id=755
755, Without any specifics...an idea
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am, generally, in favor of less gangs. But I can't say anything about this change specifically, because no specifics were given (and I sorta understand why).

However. There are logs of certain very powered characters, facing these large gangs solo...and not only surviving, but kicking ass.

Logs of Paladins, and Liches, mostly. If a 4 on one against a paladin with ubber gear and some nice virtues not only gets 2 of the attackers dead, but leaves the paladin nearly untouched, why should that paladin get a boost from this new anti-ganging code?

Maybe some people die to massive gangs, because bringing anything less than a massive gang is insufficient and will most likely result in the death of the attackers?

Maybe there can be something in the code that allows any anti-ganging code to be relaxed for those characters who are acknowledged as UBBER.

I'm not necessarilly saying use pk stats, because often those who kill the most also die alot, I'm saying about those characters who have found a magic combination of race/class/skill/eq/imm benefite that make them near impossible to take down completely without a numbers advantage (unless they do something stupid).