Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectnew anti-ganging code
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=744&mesg_id=744
744, new anti-ganging code
Posted by Sebeok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's become increasingly clear that the steps we've taken thus far to curtail massive ganging have not been enough. Generally speaking, its only resulted in you all just bringing bigger gangs. That's not really what we're going for here. With the coming reboot, we're taking a huge step in giving the "ganked" better chances of surviving.

That being said...
(The following may just be my view of something that's really beginning to irritate me, so take it as that - it may or may not be the view of the rest of our staff)
I thought about listing the names of characters who this may affect the most - calling out the biggest offenders and challenging them to actually try fair combat. There's just so many of you, I could spend hours listing the names. I'll just ramble a little bit on what I've seen in the last week or two since I've had some time. When cabal leaders gank-meter is so high we consider expanding the counting, when certain heroes average death is by groups of 3+, something is wrong. Do you not like challenges? If you could have a group of 50 on 1, would you? Is that fun? It certainly doesn't look like it is from my perspective. Is it fun to cower and run and hide when you only have 2 on 1 advantages? Do you like quitting out when a solo guy raids your cabal, so you don't have to fight straight up? Does it turn you on to sit in your shrine/guild and spam eq and look at the gear you're hoarding and never fighting with? Seriously, try fighting on even odds. You don't have to take 8 people to gang one guy down. 4 will be plenty. 2 probably is too. It's surely more fun that way for everyone.