Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectFewer horribly pointless multiple deaths.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=664
664, Fewer horribly pointless multiple deaths.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, not so much fewer. But a reduction of some of the more frustrating ones.

Under the right circumstances, you should no longer (re-)die as a ghost from picking up some dangerous objects, notably burning and/or shocking things. You will instead drop them on the ground. I have thus far resisted the urge to add echoes such as "... crying like a wounded kobold." or force the near-victim to yell unfortunately girly phrases. To be honest, this resistance may or may not last.

This will start either this reboot or the next one. I don't remember if I brought the code live in time. For maximum safety, please stop picking up the shiny, hot objects as a ghost until next reboot.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
668, Please be more considerate.
Posted by Exit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please refrain from using any humor or other tomfoolery in your posts from the hours of 9 to 5 Monday through Friday. Some of us do not appreciate having to explain the sudden outburst of laughter from our cubicles nor do we appreciate cleaning up stray nasal soda droplets. Please be more considerate of your hard-working playerbase in their daily lives.

Thank you.

-Exit
665, RE: Fewer horribly pointless multiple deaths.
Posted by appelsien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The fewer the merrier. If we're to believe the 'Age' poll currently being held then the majority of the playerbase is part of the consoles generation the same as I am. And you can hardly blame us for being what they have made us become with those games. Soft. Spoiled. A bit weak.

In other words, I'll gladly take the dreadful echoes along with the change if that's what it takes.

Seriously though, thanks for the nod Valguarnera.