Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectOutlander Inner Cabal guard ensmartened.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=592
592, Outlander Inner Cabal guard ensmartened.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rather than spending huge portions of its life trying to Sunray at night, Bearcharge visibly protected people, Spore the undead, etc., it will try to choose more intelligently among various nature-y abilities.

This is currently in effect, with a couple other changes coming in the next reboot or so.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
594, FYI...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A bit more of this is currently in the works for another cabal or two. Some little interesting tweaks will be coming along once I get enough time to thoroughly test my code.
595, Just curious
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From someone who has raided outlanders as 3 different chars now...

Does this ensmarten mean that people can now count on being insected every time, instead of every third time or so? And does it remove the only tactic available for avoiding said insects (bringing lots of mobs with you)?

Just wondering, because I always found insects + even one defender (especially a druid) + the fact that their cabal is in a maze if you happen to flee from combat ...always fairly rough to handle, but I liked the fact that it was possible to SOMETIMES avoid being insected.
597, RE: Just curious
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Most of the fixes were of the form "Pick something to do. If Tactic X would be useless in this situation (in a way the NPC could easily tell), use this handy alternative Tactic Y." Sometimes Y has its own alternatives.

Useful Insect Swarm frequency didn't change. (It's never Tactic Y.) It will Insect Swarm slightly less overall, because it won't try it on people who already have clouds of insects around them.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
596, RE: FYI...
Posted by Tirach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh thanks :)

I love you!

Maby well be able to reach back to defend now :D