Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectCongratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=426
426, Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!
Posted by Yanoreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After being an immortal for almost four years, with his first ascension to the heavens after the apocalypse that brought on the third age, Valguarnera is our newest implementor.
481, RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!
Posted by thornheart on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations Valg! Thanks so much for everything you've done.

I knew you would be great.

I guess that makes me great?

Thorny
462, Sweeeet!
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Woot! I knew you had it in you. Thanks for all that you've done for the MUD, and for the rich humor you bring to the staff. Thanks as well for all the support you've given my various projects over the years - I could not have done the things I've done without it.

I echo what others have already posted: this is a well-deserved promotion.
454, Agreements all around.
Posted by Tinfalan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done and thank you for everything you've done. I've yet to had much to do with you personally that I know of, but I have a feeling you had something to do over the course of Kazahando or Erinphalis' life. Anyhow thanks for all your hard work and congratulations.
450, Congrats (txt)
Posted by Larcat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congratulations. This is well deserved, and though people may have problems with you on a personal level from time to time, I think if they step back a moment and think about it everyone will realize that you are profoundly good for the game.

PLAY ON PLAYER! WOOT! MORE HOES FOR THE HYDRA!

-Devin
449, Way to go, Valgie
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At the rate you were going, I knew you would be an IMP one day. Kudos on the work you've put into the MUD.

Congrats!
448, Congrats!
Posted by Vynmylak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great on ya, and well deserved for all the hard work. Was not a doubt in my mind we'd see this.

-- Vyn
446, they grow up so quick...
Posted by shokai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

....it seems like just yesterday I was beating you over the head to say 'welcome to Asgaard'. Good on ye, chief. As it's already been said, it's well deserved.

Unca Floofi
445, RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This couldn't be more deserved.
435, Congrats
Posted by Lightmage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hell of a lot of work. Keep it up. We appreciate it despite the occasional bitching from time to time. This game can bring out the best and worst in people and you have always stayed constant.

Nice job
434, He really does deserve it, for the like billion hours of coding.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think that was the single most painful thing I've ever had to say, but it was true. As much as I may not think shiny happy thoughts about him on a personal level, the muds much better off with him than without him. It was a well deserved promotion.
439, Valguarnera
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will also add, as an immortal that has worked with Valg quite a bit, that however much you *think* Valg is doing, he is *actually* doing about 100 times more. He's not just a coder. He has contributed tons in virtually every single aspect of the game, and is often a driving force behind getting other immmortals' rears in gear as well. He does not consider himself above doing small but necessary tasks that other imms are either unable or often *unwilling* to do.

And, despite popular opinion, he's a nice guy with a great sense of humor. He's just capable of being a hardass when it's necessitated, and has little patience for immaturity and rudeness.

For those who speak ill of the Valg, know that CF would be a far more stagnant place without him. I'm sure glad he doesn't let insults from petty players discourage him from investing an enormous amount of time and effort into making CF rock more by the day.

For those dis the Valg, if you've had a unique experience or an esteemed character in the past couple years, there's a good chance Valg had a hand in it, either directly or indirectly through encouraging or helping the rest of the staff to be immteractive and give recognition to players.

For those of you who say the Valg is a jerk who doesn't understand players because of something he *said*, you probably also often say "awesome!" to something he *did* without you realizing it was, in fact, created or influenced by the Valg.

So, congratulations to Valguarnera! His dedication and fundamental understanding of all things CF make him the perfect lich for the job!
427, RE: Congratulations to Valguarnera, our newest Implementor!
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Congrats Valg, you're a badass asset to the staff, and you'll be an awesome Implementor. Loads of respect for your knowledge of the inner workings of the game and balance. So did you get to initiate tonight's reboot and gechos in celebration?
428, Nope!
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So did you get to initiate tonight's reboot and gechos in celebration?

I was half-AFK watching the Yankees put a whooping on the Red Sox. I got all my stuff done today well in advance of the game like a good employee. :P

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
429, a question
Posted by arkarag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hehehe,first of all my most sincere congrats, only you know how much you have had to endure.

There is only one tiny itsi thing,that has been in my mind ever since you were a mortal in masters and I was some lowbie deciding which cabal to join and has survived all these years until now.

Why is it that after all this time of immortaldoom you havent changed your name to something more manly or something not so easily confused with a female?. Hahahahaha,honestly I remember talking to you as a scion and you would glare at me I can only imagine your hand itching to spam the smite button.

An honest question,I know you have had this problem for a long long while, again congratulations with the promotion.

Arkarag Karag
Once one of many War masters,now just dust in the underdark.
430, Consistency!
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I realized the gender thing was an issue around... level 20, when Master Lord Adepts kept referring to me as a female. But I liked the character and was having fun, thus dooming myself to thousands of hours of correcting people.

I've also been vary wary of changing personae, because I think it's useful from a CF history perspective if major forces exist in a recognizable form across as many ages/eras/whatever as possible. It helps players pick up on the more subtle aspects of each character as well- when someone like Shokai or Scarabaeus shows up, you probably have a very good feel for the particulars of their character if you've been playing here a long time.

Fortunately, in my current guise as a disembodied voice/possessing spirit/angry pile of dust/etc. the gender thing comes up less.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
431, Your dead(ish)... couldn't you be Genderless? nt
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
433, Well, technically bone structure would still indicate male or female. NT
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
432, Hehum
Posted by Adrigon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does this mean you will now have a child and vastly cut your playing time?

:-)

Congratulations, you're really worth it.