Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectSystem Upgrade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=3014
3014, System Upgrade
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We will be down for a short period (roughly 15 minutes) while performing a system upgrade. We should be back up very soon, running bonuses after we return.
3020, status update #3
Previous upgrades have gone rather smoothly and quickly, so we did not anticipate what happened late last night. When the upgrade failed, we were forced to restore the system from a backup made yesterday morning. For some of you this will be a cause for rejoicing (e.g., if you lost some CON during the day), for some of you this will be a cause for weeping and gnashing of teeth (e.g., if you power-leveled yesterday). We're hoping to mitigate any losses with bonuses running all day.

Unfortunately, we also lost some new code on which Umiron was working hard. Hopefully that won't be too discouraging for him.

We'll try the upgrade again soon, but will make sure we back up the player files right before doing so. That means a longer down-time for the upgrade, but we prefer not to lose anything.

When we know a time for the upgrade, we'll let you know.
3016, status update #2
Ran into major trouble with the upgrade. Restoring (very slowly) from a backup made this morning to try and resolve the problem.

I was tempted to joke about what happens when there is a new age, but having to use a backup is never funny.
3017, RE: status update #2
Posted by Vilhazarog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry everyone,
After the server upgrade, I rebooted and the server was hung... it no longer accepted logins, so we had to restore from the morning backup. And the restore took forever. Got it back up now, but you guys have lost a day of progress, sorry.
3018, Doing bonus exp still? n/t
Posted by Guy with lost ranks on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
3019, yeah
I'll let that run through tomorrow.

100% exp bonus
40% learning bonus
3015, status update
Looks like we ran into an issue. Sorting that out now.