Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectdowntime
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2997
2997, downtime
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We're experiencing some strange behavior on the server. I have submitted an urgent support ticket with our provider.

We may start looking for another provider soon.
3000, update #2
According to the service provider "there was a problem with the underlying disk array which we are repairing right now." The repair should be complete in 12-24 hours and backups should begin working again.
3001, Hey Scar
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It looks like the F-play website "play" button integration isn't working quite right. Get a security error when I try to launch it.
3002, Fixed.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That thing needs to be started after each time the server reboots. Some day maybe we'll do it right, but for now it doesn't come up until I type a command.
3005, This is why we use good storage folks.
Posted by Bubthegreat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're probably on some super old ass clariion array, or an ancient HP box.
2998, update
Restarting the VPS brought the machine back up, but our backups have been failing since Friday so there is a bigger problem. Waiting to hear back on the support ticket. If there are any updates, I'll post them here.
2999, Ouch - if anything
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They should give you one hell of a credit - I am assuming that backup verification/etc is their job. Hosting providers are a nightmare - I feel your pain!