Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectRE: 32bit process on 64bit kernel is possible on Linux, OSX, BSD ...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2808&mesg_id=2828
2828, RE: 32bit process on 64bit kernel is possible on Linux, OSX, BSD ...
Posted by Vilhazarog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So, first off, I want to apologize for not getting this fixed faster.

I've had a number of personal stuff going on as of late so I haven't had a lot of time to get to this.

The real issue is that there is a complicated memory allocation algorithm, that appears to be buggy. The bugginess was causing issues on the old server as well. Moving to a 64 bit system made it worse, since pointers and integers are no longer the same size.

I tried to compile in 32 bit just to get back to possibly the old buggy state, but the mysql libraries are not cooperating. I jumped through a bunch of hoops to get the 32 bit libraries and install them without screwing up our 64 bit mysql, but it's still picking up the 64 bit ones for some reason, even when I explicitly set the path, and I spent a lot of time messing around with that until I decided it would be better to just fix the stupid memory issues.

So that's where we are at, for the momement.