Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectFlaws!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2778
2778, Flaws!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First up, the following new flaws are available:

Mute
No Internal Monologue
Butterfingers
Alcoholic
Obligate Vegetarian
Daft Learner
Painless
Untuned Arcanist
Abjuration Repudiator
Old Wound
Imperial Reject
One Hand

Second up, I am announcing the first CF Special Olympics. At a currently-unspecified point in the next 2 months, I will post a note calling for entrants. Prospective olympiads must be a character created before the posting of that note who have one of the following flaws:

Abjuration Repudiator
Butterfingers
Clumsy (x3 or higher, classes with dodge only)
Coward
Death Taboo
Frail
Gimpy
Narcoleptic
No Undead
Oblivious
One Hand
Painless
Sickly (x4 or x5)
Unsteady Hand
Weak (x3 or higher, classes with third attack only)

This is not a role contest; winner(s) will be characters who have a flaw that legitimately cripples them and manage to overcome it to make something great of themselves. The more the flaw is a real hindrance to you (e.g., I don't think Death Taboo is that bad if you can't PK and No Undead or Abjuration Repudiator aren't meaningful to a low level necromancer, but Oblivious is really a very serious handicap if you are a big solo PKer) and the more you manage to achieve despite it, the better you'll do in this contest.
2800, RE: Flaws!
Posted by Slack on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How do I get a flaw in game? I am cannot access that Lady in the Academy.

Should I send an email or try to RP it out?
2801, RE: Flaws!
If you're post-academy-levels, you can pray and ask and probably someone will give you most flaws on demand.

However, note that you don't get anything back for gaining a flaw in this way.
2798, Vegan!
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What is the prereq for that? I tried to select it, but it wouldn't let me discuss it with the oracle.
2799, Vegan gives superpowers.
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
See Scott Pilgrim VS the World
2786, The hour is nigh!
If you're a qualifying character (see above post) and would like me to consider you, send a note to Daevryn in-game before the end of Wednesday (system time).

Please include 'CF Special Olympics' in the note subject.
2780, RE: Flaws!
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A request. In the future it would be pretty awesome if you included help file links in emails like this. I realize it is a small burden on you but the benefit to e everyone else would be substantial.
2779, You're a sick ####.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love that about you though ;)