Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectMini-Orcuary
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2581
2581, Mini-Orcuary
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
* Orcs have Skulk now; see help SKULK. This is another one of Valg's little projects that sat around 95% done the last time he wandered off and he deserves most of the credit for it if you like it or blame if sneaky orcs make you sad.

* Improved flee is toggleable now; additionally its helpfile has been rewritten. The skill has had the passive benefits mentioned for a while now and I just now realized they were never added to the helpfile. I sure hope I announced those at some point -- they were in one of my mini-orc-renovation passes a few years ago -- but I have no idea.
2601, RE: Mini-Orcuary
One more small thing for next crash/reboot or thereabouts.

Orcs have long had a reduced movement cost for moving through a couple orcish types of terrains; they now can usually move more quickly through these terrains as well, kind of like a poor man's limited-terrain pathfinding.
2588, You did announce that...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here: http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2043

You also announced some changes to the stat edges (lug, agile, cunning, endurance) and suggested those changes might make it into the helpfiles. Never happened as far as I can tell.
2589, RE: You did announce that...
They just got cheaper and some of them are now more expensive than others.

Originally they were all tied (with a couple other things) for the most expensive edge in the game, because at the time I was really gunshy about playing with racial maxes.
2584, I know this probably isn't the time for this question
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But is there any way we can remove the "At Night" from "orcs can Hide in swamps"?

Love the orc love though. Thanks guys
2582, Does the orc still auto-open doors when improved flee is turned off? nt
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ntnt
2583, 90% sure the answer is no. (n/t)