Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectPrison of Glymarach now open
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2459
2459, Prison of Glymarach now open
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoy your explorations, but you might want to be careful if you are above the recommended levels.

Thanks to all of the immortal staff for their help, but especially to Zulghinlour and Baerinika for their efforts.
2491, RE: Prison of Glymarach now open
Posted by Eternal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, like the area a lot, what I've seen at least.

One issue I have had is with the "equation" at the golems.
First off, it's not clear how the information should be presented,
for instance with commas, or without.

Secondly, and I could be wrong on this, I believe that there is more than one set of numbers that meet the requirements of the riddle as it is presented.
It doesn't seem fair that one solve the equation and then die because "they" wanted a different answer, when the answer you gave them is equally correct.

2492, I semi-support this
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The info needs to be presented as

except with different numbers.

I'd be surprised if there's a second solution, though I haven't checked to confirm that there isn't. However, it would have to fall within a relatively small "window" if it exists at all.
2494, Heh
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I lost a whole con trying to figure out HOW to say the answer.
2495, Having dealt with around 3-5 equations.
Posted by Batman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have yet to find one that has two different answer-sets.

And I got lucky and guessed how to say them the first time.

Suck it.

But no, seriously, I can't think of one that I've done yet that had multiple answers - One SEEMED like it, but then when you remembered that number X had another specific characteristic to it, it made that other combination impossible.

Also, each number, being as it's a slot, is a single digit.
2464, Cool, but did you really mean "ABOVE the recommended lvls"?
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Enjoy your explorations, but you might want to be careful if
>you are above the recommended levels.

2471, I believe he did. (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
2474, That information should be in the helpfile....
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or somehow available in game. I thought I remembered seeing it, but couldn't remember where so I read and re-read the announcement (in game) and the area help and still couldn't find the "Don't go there if you are way above the recommended levels range" line I was looking for.

This caused no issue for me and resulted in zero deaths. I don't have a character high enough level to care.
2478, It is available in game
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a warning in the area itself telling you to turn back.

Trying to remember if it's in the helpfile as well. Thought it was but if you're saying it's not, maybe I'm wrong on that.
2479, It shouldn't need to be.
The recommended levels for Glymarach are visible on the area list, and there are warnings clearly written in the area. If a character doesn't bother to look, it's not the wizard's problem.
2483, RE: It shouldn't need to be.
Posted by GrahamC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>The recommended levels for Glymarach are visible on the area
>list, and there are warnings clearly written in the area. If a
>character doesn't bother to look, it's not the wizard's
>problem.

When it's the first time in the history of the game that you've gone out of your way to do over high levels in the area. That's worthy of being noted in the helpfile, otherwise it's very much a #### move.
2484, Seriously? He writes a TOTALLY unique area, and gets this?
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rarely pay much attention to suggested levels, and for one love the fact that for once there's actually MORE danger at higher level than lower. I think for once it's good to make it mean something.

You obviously found this post, where he gives warning. It also seems to be posted on the area introduction. You're going to complain that YOU didn't read the warnings in the area? May as well complain about Certain Death in the strange island.

Personally, I look forward to having a character of appropriate level. Just because it doesn't fit your Hack-N-Slash plan of exploring it, doesn't mean it's wrong. You probably hated the Silent Tower, too.

(Don't worry, I hated the Silent Tower, too, cuz I could never figure it out.)
2485, Not really
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's death traps and dangers are no different than exploring some other area. It's CF, expect to die a lot if you aren't careful. Expect to die anyway.
2476, Oh, yes. nt
2472, he REALLY meant above recommended lvls :P n/t
Posted by The-me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt