Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectAutopurge & Outfit changes coming Wednesday
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=1491
1491, Autopurge & Outfit changes coming Wednesday
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, the autopurge/autodelete stuff has been off since the downtime due to the hosting companys issues. Wednesday night I will be turning it all back on, so gear purging, characters being deleted, etc. will happen as normal again.

With that, I've also made a few changes to gear purging...
- There was an issue where you could get hit with it multiple times in a short period of time, that will no longer happen
- I've made it so that if the piece of gear that should be purged is not at or above it's maximum limit you'll actually get to keep it
- You will be told exactly which items are purged when you log in
- If you are purged of limited gear, you will get a free "outfit" during logon

I've also made some changes to the outfit command
- In the past it scaled the number of slots covered based on your level. I've changed it to cover most all the slots, but to scale the gear itself based on your level.
- Every piece of armor has been improved (and things like leggings are now actually armor)
- All the pieces of armor have at least 1 affect, some have 2 and a few have 3 that make sense for your particular class.
- You can actually outfit at any time at your guildmaster or cabal inner guardian, as long as you haven't used the command in the last 24 hours.
- If you outfit as a ghost, it will cost you nothing, otherwise it will cost you (level * 2 copper) per piece of gear. At level 11 that's around 250 copper, at 51 it's about 1500 copper.
- The gear you get from outfit will no longer crumble.
1549, Analysis of the change
Analysis of the data since this went live...

Old System:
1536 objects extracted

New System:
270 objects extracted (17.5%)
1266 objects kept (82.5%)

I have to say the amount of objects kept is way higher than I expected. I was originally arguing to not make this change, since I didnt' really think it would make much of a difference. Glad to see I was wrong about both things.
1550, RE: Analysis of the change
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once again, I are the genius. :)

(Even though Zulghinlour, as usual, did all of the actual work.)
1551, Awesome change!
Posted by Rodriguez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have one question though:
What happens if I have an item thats limited to 2 and I have both? Will How many of them will I lose when a purge strikes me?
1555, RE: Awesome change!
>I have one question though:
>What happens if I have an item thats limited to 2 and I have
>both? Will How many of them will I lose when a purge strikes
>me?

It all depends on whether or not they are below, at or over the limit.

If there are 0 in the game, you'll get both back (unlikely, it's got to repop somewhere right?)
If there is 1 in the game, you'll get one back
If there are 2 in the game, you'll get zero back

1500, Watching this in action now....
being this part specifically:

- There was an issue where you could get hit with it multiple times in a short period of time, that will no longer happen
- I've made it so that if the piece of gear that should be purged is not at or above it's maximum limit you'll actually get to keep it

And seeing how it's working, as someone who has essentially given up on characters because I couldn't play for a few weeks and came back to no gear -- this is going to change that situation a lot.

So far (maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of the way through the pfiles) I've seen one guy who probably still will take it in the pants -- he has a lot of gear that's very limited, almost always maxed, and not very hard to get (and hey, at least that guy gets new outfit, which looks pretty good) -- but thirty or forty who won't. If sometimes not being able to play for a couple weeks at a time and logging on to no gear has been a big factor in not playing for you, it shouldn't be a deterrent anymore.
1501, Awesome.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How does this impact generic wands out of curiousity? IE, if I only have one barrier wand will I get to keep it, considering I could go and get more than 1? I'm a bit fuzzy on this given how the spawning works for those.
1502, RE: Awesome.
If you're asking what I think you're asking, you'd get to keep it.
1503, I think I'm that person :( I better hurry up and put in some hours!!!!! NT
Posted by TheLastMohican on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
1504, Very cool change. Thanks! nt
Posted by Drokk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
t
1499, Rebooted and this is live (n/t)
n/t
1492, Does the outfit gear still crumble?
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cause I seem to remember it crumbling before I could get good use out of it before. Just wondering.
1493, Yup...
>Cause I seem to remember it crumbling before I could get good
>use out of it before. Just wondering.

You couldn't get good use out of it in 90-120 minutes?
1494, RE: Yup...
I'd be okay with it not, now, honestly, as long as it didn't have sale/barter value... it's good enough gear to get going, but you'll still probably want to replace it when you can even if it doesn't decay.

With the non-decay version, if you logged on without gear and either had cabal stuff going on right away or got offered a group right away or something, you could get right into playing and not have to worry that your gear was going to fall apart in an hour.

(But there may be an angle I'm not seeing here.)
1495, I'm for this!
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now, some of it's sheer laziness, but some of it's also the fun of just dashing into the fight right away again.

Although, theoretically maybe a hero could outfit, pay for it, and equip newbie with it. Though that's probably no worse than a newbie paying for a hero to buy him higher level stuff at a shop. I was thinking of that possibly as an idea for non-decaying outfit stuff. Have the command decay, but make it buyable at the guilds maybe?
1496, RE: I'm for this!
>Although, theoretically maybe a hero could outfit, pay for it,
>and equip newbie with it.

If I'm not mistaken, your outfit gear only fits you.
1497, Correct (n/t)
n/t
1498, Sold, and added to the list of changes (n/t)
n/t