Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectNew kind of quest:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=1483&mesg_id=1483
1483, New kind of quest:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From the department of ideas I had 2-3 years ago but only recently got around to coding...

Probably most of you will be familiar with one or more currently-existing quests wherein the questgiver will pay you to kill NPCs of some other type; eventually that well runs dry and you can no longer be paid for additional kills.

The first quest of new type that's a variant on that theme will be live next crash/reboot; I have ideas for a few more that should follow in the next few days -- now that I have a prototype working, the next few will be faster to produce. They will be aimed chiefly at the midlevels of the game, 20-40 or so.

The key differences:

1) These quests are designed to be done as a group.

2) The primary reward is XP rather than loot.

So, essentially: there is an incentive to form up a group and get some XP in some areas that you might otherwise currently not, either because they're fairly difficult areas for their level or because they're otherwise often sub-optimal in some way. You'll essentially be able to reap significantly increased XP for this for a couple levels until the well runs dry, at which point it might well be to your advantage to move on and try something else.

Any questions on the basic concept?