Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: I'm better then babelfish!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=870
870, RE: I'm better then babelfish!
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>He wants to know if you ever will punish people who are
>'dancing' around the edge of the rules, and if so, how?

Eh. We do what we can to keep the game fair and fun, but I don't see us going to much greater extremes in terms of rules enforcement than we do currently.

I don't want CF to be a game where six guys from Denmark or Iowa are grouped up rolling everyone and you need five buddies of your own to compete; this is why we have perma rules. Equally, I don't want CF to be a game where you can never at all play with friends of yours.

It's not easy to draw even the line in the sand. I'd like to think that it's reasonably obvious that six-man perma murder teams are not good for the game. I'd also like to think it's reasonably obvious that being able to group up with the dude you met at work and introduced to the game, while roleplaying as best you can, is good for the game. Where to draw a line in the vast space between the two is never an easy thing. How much to restrict people who have unavoidably similar play times is never an easy thing.

I can only say that we've made the best calls we can in the past and we'll continue to do that as time goes on.