Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Shadowmaster post pulled into thread to drive DurNo...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=859
859, RE: Shadowmaster post pulled into thread to drive DurNo...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>What are the chances we can get a response to Yoshimi's
>(Fistshake) massive troll thread?
>
>There is still massive speculation going about this, FWIW.

I was hoping someone would post questions and save me the trouble of dredging up the post, but, here it is. For your edification and amusement I'll respond to the various accusations of Yoshimi, who presumably learned all of these hidden truths while talking to Valg on the phone again. :P

I just want to let people know the #### thats going on, and it's 100% factual. About how rediculous the shadyness of the IMM's is getting.

False. :P It's certainly not 10% factual, much less 100%.

First off Crysseara is Nepenthe's fiance in real life.

True! Blind pig, mud, etc. Not that it was jackhole Yoshimi's business.

I feel unsurprisingly little (no) shame about my engagement.

And she whines and complains about stuff she dosen't like and he's whipped pretty much and agrees with it.

Nope! We disagree about CF as often as I disagree with anyone else on staff about CF stuff, which is to say, reasonably often.

Anyone who's been around for a while can vouch for the fact that I'm opinionated and reasonably jackassed about it from time to time. The addition of an amazing woman to my life hasn't changed that. My sometimes jackassed opinions remain my own and do not issue from her.

Second, we all know Cabdru didn't get that whole set with A/B/S knowledge..

Of course not! It takes all kinds of knowledge, skill, chutzpah, a little luck, and a willingness to die.

well I found out how! Mel-kartha only worked on PC's..

You must mean Abomination. I wish Mel-Kartha only worked on PCs... have you ever beat down a massive mob, only to chop the piece of gear you wanted in half just before it dies? No? Well, it sucks. Someday you'll hero or kill someone and maybe you'll have some idea. This is assuming you're not banned.

well Nep changed the code on it for it to work on all NPC's.

No code changes there, sorry. It is as it ever was.

NPC's only have 100 mana

Some do! Most tough Hell mobs and Silent Tower archmages notably have many thousands, but, that's neither here nor there.

, but it just never runs out so he would just hit the mob, let the echo hit, and run.. and every mob would die in 2 minutes.

Alas, no. Anazu did go down that way, but unless (editing myself here) the thing he does that might prove decisive panned out for him on the start of the second and final run at him, it wouldn't have really mattered. Would've taken more deaths to do it in that case, but that doesn't mean too much.

Thirdly, his talisman of ultimate evil. Is only supposed to have seven charges and only work on good communers.

It's correct that it's supposed to only have seven charges. That was broken, something I realized after it fired a seventh time and didn't poof. At that point, I got rid of it.

It works on non-evil priests (including clerics, if you still had one). This hasn't changed since clerics were split at the start of the third age.

He also changed the code on it.. and made it work on any communer and have unlimited charges.. and it's extremely hard to get but good ol' Mel-kartha working on NPC's made it possible!

As aforementioned, no code change, you really mean Abomination but you're still wrong, etc. etc. etc.

So Arvam went to Nep and was going to say Cabdru was cheating out his a-hole. Then finds out it was Nep in the first place and was like screw you... so he took his leave.

Discussed elsewhere in this thread. Moving on...

Aarn dealt with this controversial Maran, that was pretty much a Krilcov but worse.

Probably meaning Legressil, who was a scribe. I could describe that character in a lot of unflattering ways, but that wouldn't make the list.

Krilcov produces some pretty decent characters, incidentally. It's his forum persona that's, uh, special.

And told all the goodie Imm's not to add him to the Fort.

Pretty sure Aarn never told anyone that, except possibly after Aarn tossed him out... at which point, sure enough, he stayed out.

Well it turns out to be Crysseara's friend OOC...

Alas, no. I don't know who he is or even who he's played before. Some people have mentioned past character names to me but they're nothing that I recognized. Cryss knows no more about him than I do, and probably less.

Which, when you think about it, makes the rest of this line of discussion sort of silly. But, I'll keep going.

so she had Nep go and erase the bad PBF comments Aarn wrote about him.

No. What would be the point in that?

Put new ones, and they removed the bad temp title that Aarn gave him..

It wasn't really a temp title, except in the sense that Aarn was giving him a new one semi-regularly. Yes, I stuck a new title on him. Please blame me alone for the things I do. Thanks!

and then I guess he got added to Fort? But I'm not positive on the getting in Fort part.

No, not so much. But, let's be honest, you're not positive about any of this, you dirty, attention-whoring, histrionic drama queen. :)

So thats why Aarn bounced.

From my perspective, it goes something like this:

I keep tabs to some degree on what assorted staff are doing. This probably shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's not like I had an axe to grind with Aarn... we'd gotten along great forever.

I notice Aarn's been spending a lot of time watching Legressil and giving him a series of increasingly demeaning titles. Specifically, I notice Aarn's been spending more time on that for a while than all other imm duties put together.

Historically, this seems very out of character for Aarn to me. I was curious: just how bad could this character be to merit that kind of scrutiny? I watched him for a while and made up my own mind, which was: choad, but we should reserve this level of demeaning title, etc. for much bigger choads. I may have even made an immortal comment to that effect, I can't remember. I swapped Legressil over to an only quasi-demeaning title.

Some time passes. I log on one night and Aarn's very upset that Fort PCs are allowing a non-Fort PC to be in the Fort unmolested, even though the Fort outer has been killed by raiders and said PC is apparently trying to help the Fort defenders in some way. I think this is one of those things you could argue either way, and all of us around at the time (not just Aarn and I) discuss it for a while. Aarn's very adamant that no matter what, no non-Fort character should be in the Fort area past the Fort outer room, and how could anyone even possibly think that might be okay?

Again, this is one of the things that puzzles me, because I've been on staff with Aarn for a fairly long time and our judgement usually mostly coincides. It's not usually like him to feel so strongly about something that I look at and think "eh, I could argue either way on this." I look into the matter a little more closely and, sure enough, the guy inside the Fort that the whole thing is about is an uncaballed Legressil.

I say to Aarn, in essence: "Look, man. I usually agree with your opinions, but it feels to me like you really really hate this one character for reasons I don't even understand. Your and my opinions on things are usually pretty close, but anytime this one guy is involved, I feel like it really colors your judgement. Yeah, he's kind of a bozo, but I just feel like, even that being the case, there are just so many other players that need your attention more. Maybe run a quest for Fort guys, give out some leader weapons, titles, maran promotions, do stuff for your religion, whatever. Anything but focus on this guy."

Aarn quit in a huff, and wrote a goodbye about a week later. You know the rest.

The whole thing is still puzzling to me... it's just so out of character for the Aarn I thought I knew, who generally I thought was a good guy. It's not like I would've picked keeping Aarn over keeping Legressil if there were a choice as such. Forum presence not withstanding, I'm not generally a vague or subtle guy. If I disagree with something you're doing, I'll just come right out and tell you. It's not like Aarn hadn't dealt with me in his business to similar degree before, e.g. "This guy is cool, you should empower him more" or "You should promote this guy to Maran, he did something cool before", and as far as I know it had never been an issue. Just weird.

Every Imm's thats left recently regards headbutting with Nep or dirty #### like this, everyone just needs to see it though.

Not so much, no. Aarn and I, maybe. (See above.)

There is so many other things that involve that I won't say since it regards current Imm's that I have respect for. Crysseara is an extremely large problem and you VIP's that delete this, it's quite sad you deprive factual content from people just because you want to be on the Imm's good side. It's freaking sad the corruption of people cannot even stay out of a text based game.

I didn't feel the need to defend my integrity from a guy who fabricates bizarre #### (not just this) out of whole cloth, but I guess people are still speculating about some of this, so, there it is.