Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectI know what you mean.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=694
694, I know what you mean.
Posted by TheForsaken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It -was- like that for a few weeks. But during that time, the only people who could deny/ban was Dio, Gabe, and Xanth. Xanth asked Dio to change it so it didn't reveal the ip address, just the name of the registered handle. So yes, it was possible for a level 58+ VIP to see that information, but only for a very short time span. Now, it is impossible for any VIP outside of Dio/Gabe to ever see ip addresses. That's the scoop!

And I intend to keep pestering Dioxide to add in an accountability system so that the couple of VIPs who can now ban people cannot use that feature to figure out a hidden handle. Such as in the way denying Cabdru (and then promptly undenying) would reveal Nepenthe's reg'd posting handle...I don't like that at all. We should shortly have a system in place that will show Isildur and I who denies who and for how long or to ban someone another VIP must agree to see it succeed.

Any other questions? Sorry for the messy post, but I'm in a hurry before I leave for the weekend.