Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Strahd!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=643
643, RE: Strahd!
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>What was the real story behind Strahd's website, Strahd and
>subsequently Zulg. Cause the way I read it, Strahd got ####ed
>over, and now you've brainwashed him and he came out Zulg.

Damn, I'm not even sure I remember...

I got to 51...made an area that made Nepenthe go nuts (shrowd, shrowd, shrowd!) All along the way my achieverness made me want to find everything, identify everything, map everything, and so I did. At the same time I was in college as a Comp Sci student, and decided to learn how to use the world wide web a bit better, so made it into a website. I got to 52, and stuck there for a looong time. Eventually I was let go due to not being seen as productive enough (which was common at the time, as there wasn't a very definite path of progression up the imm ranks that I was aware of). Some of the other Imps may know more, as obviously I was just a wee lad back then.

After that, I focused on mortals more, and kept expanding the site. I had maps and gear from some of the explore-type areas (Hell especially). I remember talking to Scarabaeus about it a little bit, and decided to take that stuff down, choosing to let folks find out the cool stuff in these areas on their own. Sometime later I reapplied to the Immstaff, and the rest as they say is history.

I don't recall ever really feeling screwed because of my website (maybe I've forgotten over the years). I did get bored with it at times, and didn't have places to host it at other times. Keeping track of the gear was a giant pain in the ass. Keeping up with the maps was fun, and I remember at some point Cyradia coming to me and telling me she STILL has copies of all those maps. I've probably got them on a hard drive somewhere.