Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Softball question
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=609
609, RE: Softball question
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>When did the shadow cabal go away? Did it actually go away or
>was it actually still around for awhile afterwards?

It did actually go away when Nazmorghul or whoever wrote the note to all the Shadows or all or whichever it was and uninducted all the Shadows.

A few years later, Jullias tried to bring it back in an alternate form. The idea was that a person could both be in Shadow (gaining only one of a few powers, and something like a Shadow CB) and another cabal or no cabal. Basically, everyone would be a Sleeper. The level of secrecy would be a lot higher and we'd just wack the deny on anyone who was truly found out. (IC, the other Shadows would permanently disappear you like Jimmy Hoffa.)

A couple PCs attained this status, but the whole experiment didn't go very far. A couple of the first Shadows that Big J and team picked ended up blabbing a lot about the whole thing on IRC to everyone and their mother. We felt like a cabal genuinely based on secrecy couldn't be sustained with CF's playerbase at the time, and let the whole thing die.

>Can you tell us who was Marmaanth and Traybn?

Neither is me. :) Beyond that, they can comment if they want.

>And to add flames to the Eriwal discussion, it was my
>understanding that he didn't practice parry or any of the
>weapons, but the major reason was that he was the first Hero
>with Air Major forms instead of the mass of Offensive forms.
>This was much the same reason that Reimensinder recieved the
>'Land Shark' because he was the first one to take the water
>major forms. Now they both had good RP for the time but I
>thought the fact that they took those paths, when you only had
>three forms, was the reason they got those forms.

I know the rare form choice was something I had in mind in looking at Riemensnider... I can't remember if that was a factor in our Eriwal discussion or not. I want to say it had a little weight, but I'll probably try to gather my thoughts and post a more in-depth examination of that whole thing soon.