Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: On that note....
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=586
586, RE: On that note....
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Do you guys ever base current rewards or Immteraction based
>on this observation? (Does ones past influence how they get
>treated with current chars?)

Generally, we try to treat each character as that character. (The corrolary of this is that imm-played mortals can also win role contests and leadership and stuff. It's one of the reasons we try to keep these things under wraps even to each other these days.) That said, if I sit down and code your character up something unique/cool and you bitch about how it wasn't very good or you delete the day after I give it to you, I'm probably not going to put the effort into doing something custom for you for a while because I'm grumpy like that.

Of course, there are a ton of cool pre-existing quest rewards in our magic cabinet of prizes.

>Weak example: I just delete a mage who got cabal leader and
>some cool perks. (Weapon, titled, quest form, ect.) I delete
>and state im pissed off about so and so...I roll up another
>similar type char, and go for the same position thinking I can
>improve over the last one and mistakes I made. Do you guys
>recognize that 'Hell, this guy just got all these perks, we
>cant keep dishing out rewards to this person or playerbase is
>gonna start whining favortism.)

Other people might feel differently... my opinion, no. A character that's good deserves some lovin' even if that players consistently produces good characters.

>second example: Person plays chars that are identifiable to
>most of playerbase, maybe plays Battle alot, and is annoying
>as hell. Does he/she still get the same shot to get a leader
>position....

Yes... however, if that character judged on the behavior of that character alone is too annoying to make leader, maybe not. :)

As an aside, I've personally given out some very cool stuff over the years to players that I don't like, because the characters were good or did cool things. That's probably not very surprising... there are a number of players who consistently put out good characters who either regularly slander me or generally deserve to be run over with my car a few times on the basis of their OOC/forum personas. ;)