Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Events & Contests
Topic subjectRE: Various...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=556
556, RE: Various...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>She did write an area - other than that I'm not sure what her
>contributions were to advance to where she was.

To be fair, she ran a religion and helped run a cabal for years, albiet with some dubious calls in the process. (Not remotely dirty, just... strange.) Add to that some of the generic imm work like fielding prays and what not.

Especially at the time, that was enough to get you slowly advanced, and that's about what happened. ShaidarHaran did a solid job of keeping it fair, in my opinion.

Granted, my opinion on advancements may or may not be skewed. I was advanced, as far as I can remember, every time there was a round of advancements until I hit 59 and stuck there for a while. Conversely, it wasn't until I was around 58-59 that I got to have a major say in class/cabal revamps or touch the code. That wasn't a function of my level so much as when Cador and SH and the powers that be decided it was time. As a result, I tend to see level as mostly unimportant and what kind of responsibilities/say someone has as a lot more important. Raisa gradually got the former, but never really had much in the way of the latter, and I think everyone on staff at the time was aware of that.